- sunscreen reviews
La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid Review
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid Description
This formula is marketed as an ultra light sunscreen fluid that offers broad spectrum protection. It has a very light texture for added comfort and to enhance the absorption of active ingredients. Additionally, it uses advanced antioxidant technology to ensure optimum protection against the sun’s age-accelerating ultraviolet rays. If you’re interested in buying this formula, make sure to read our comprehensive Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid review.
According to its website, La Roche-Posay’s main goal is to improve the quality of life of its customers, which is achieved by developing safe and effective formulations. All products from this brand are allergy tested, non-comedogenic, tested on reactive skin, and packaged so that contamination does not occur. This is a known skincare company that offers a range of formulas for the treatment of various skin concerns.
To use La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid, shake the bottle carefully to make sure the formula’s actives are mixed well. Apply generously on skin that will be exposed to the sun approximately 15 minutes before. You need to re-apply it after 80 minutes of sweating or swimming.
A 50 ml container of this sunscreen is priced $29.99 online.
La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid Ingredients
- Avobenzone: An oil-soluble ingredient; it protects the skin from the UVA rays of the sun, but breaks down quickly so it requires chemical stabilizers that can cause adverse effects on the skin.
- Homosalate: This is a chemical sunscreen that also protects the skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Octisalate: A blend of a salicylic acid ester and 2-ethylhexanol, it works by absorbing UV light to protect the skin, but since it is composed of fatty alcohol, it works as an emollient as well.
- Octocrylene: It is a clear and colorless oily liquid that absorbs short-wave UVA along with UVB rays to shield the skin. It also has a moisturizing effect that helps retain the skin’s softness and plumpness.
- Oxybenzone: This is an organic compound that absorbs both UVA and UVB rays, making it an effective anti-aging compound.
La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid Advantages
- Uses proven chemical sunscreens.
- Made to be water resistant for up to 80 minutes.
- Can be used by people with sensitive skin.
- Infused with age-fighting actives.
- There are good customer reviews.
La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid Disadvantages
- Its anti-aging claims are baseless.
- There is no safety testing done to prove it’s free of adverse effects.
- No money back guarantee is offered for this product.
- Some users say it can irritate skin.
- There are reports that this is not an effective anti-aging formula.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
All in all, La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid is just an ordinary formulation for protecting the skin from the sun’s harmful rays. It is from a relatively known brand and there are good reviews from customers who have tried it. However, nothing really sets it apart from much cheaper drugstore brands so why bother spending the extra money?
There’s no money back guarantee for La Roche-Posay products.
Products that perform double-duty, such as working to protect against UV rays in the form of a tinted moisturizer are always a good idea. Not only do they have multiple benefits but are more convenient to use than having to apply several products. It is still important for the consumer to check exactly what protection any sunscreen-containing cream offers and how often it needs to be applied in order to fully protect the skin from the aging and damaging UV rays.
Below you'll find some of the Best Sunscreen formulations on the market in our opinion: