- anti aging serum reviews
AVENE A OXITIVE ANTIOXIDANT DEFENSE SERUM REVIEW
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
What is AVENE OXITIVE DEFENSE SERUM?
It is a quick-absorbing face serum that targets dryness, dehydration, enlarged pores, fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness and free radical damage. Formulated with time-released vitamins C and E precursors, it protects the skin against oxidative stress, and can transform dull, dehydrated skin into fresher, plumper and younger-looking complexion.
It is paraben-free, hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic. Based on Avene A Oxitive reviews, this serum’s lightweight and gently scented formula delivers 24-hour hydration to quench thirsty skin and visibly plumps the skin, which diminishes pores, fine lines and wrinkles. However, one major concern is the presence of “negative ingredients” in its formulation like fragrance and alcohol.
To learn more about this serum, read our thorough Avene Oxitive Defense Serum review and see it is a great antioxidant protection to be added to your beauty kit.
With 270 years of expertise in producing skin care specifically formulated for sensitive skin, Avene is one of the companies in providing non-irritating and hypoallergenic products. The company also offers sun care, anti-aging solutions and acne-fighting formulations. Avene’s foundation is rooted in dermatology and hydrotherapy. The heart of the brand is Avene Thermal Spring Water, naturally calming water that is shown to relieve skin conditions and soften skin.
A Oxidative Antioxidant Defense Serum seems to be new and there’s not much feedback can be found online. Based on a non-comparative, open-label study involving 29 subjects between ages of 19 to 65 for over three weeks, this antioxidant defense face serum showed 44% increase in radiance and 31% visible reduction of pores. In comparison with A Oxitive Antioxidant Defense serum reviews, it can give skin a hydration boost and skin feels softer, looks flawless and radiant.
However, no clinical study results to strongly prove its powerful antioxidant protection and anti-aging benefits, such as reducing the looks of fine lines, wrinkles and puffiness.
How to use: Apply the serum to face, neck and décolleté before moisturizer.
What are AVENE OXITIVE DEFENSE SERUM Key Ingredients?
- Pre-Tocopheryl (Vitamin E precursor): Works better than vitamin E (40 times more powerful). It protects the skin from damaging free radicals.
- Ascorbyl Glucoside (Vitamin C precursor): A form of stable vitamin C that helps promote collagen production and while brightening the skin as well. However, it can irritate some skin types.
- GP4G: Fortifies the skin’s natural defense against UV stress and free radical damage, but there’s limited clinical evidence.
- Avene Thermal Spring Water: Soothes the skin and leaves it soft.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Can hold vast amounts of water that provides intense hydration to the skin for a longer period of time.
- Dimethicone: Has the capacity to trap moisture to prevent moisture loss. But long-term exposure to dimethicone can result in skin dryness. In addition, its trapping property also seals in bacteria, oils and other skin impurities, which can irritate the skin and make it susceptible to blackheads and breakouts.
Avene Oxitive Defense Serum pros
- A power pairing of antioxidants provide a more potent defense against free radicals.
- Gives brighter, plumper complexion.
- Softens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Avene Oxitive Defense Serum cons
- Not much customer reviews can be found online.
- Ability to neutralize free radical damage, such correcting fine lines, wrinkles and puffiness is not supported by a clinical study or consumer use study.
- Contains “bad ingredients” that may be associated with skin irritation and sensitivities like fragrance and alcohol.
- Some ingredients may clog pores like dimethicone and tocopherol that can trigger breakout.
- No satisfaction guarantee.
Avene Oxitive Defense Serum Price & Quantity?
A 30 ml (1.01 oz.) container of Avene A Oxitive Antioxidant Defense Serum can be bought online for $70.
Should You Buy It?
Avene is a well-renowned skincare brand with expertise in caring for sensitive skin. Based on reviews, this serum is gentle and non-irritating. Several people also rave about how lightweight it is and its soothing texture feels great on skin. However, its sheer ability to protect the skin from skin-dulling and damaging free radicals and environmental aggressors lies in the gray area, Apart from boosting the skin’s radiance and making pores smaller, the anti-aging claims such as diminishing wrinkles and fine lines and making the skin visibly plumper are not supported by a clinical study or consumer use study.
Unfortunately, customer feedback and reviews are scarce, so it’s difficult to establish if some of the claims would translate in real life. We do not recommend buying this serum because of insufficient proof that it truly works. Heaps of serums from other respectable skin care brands can offer the same benefits, plus backed by tons of positive reviews and a clinical study.
Does It Come With a Guarantee?
Based on Avene’s return policy, this Avene A Oxitive Defense Serum review confirms that the company does not offer a satisfaction guarantee. You can only return the item within 30 days of purchase if it is still in unopened packaging and sellable condition. In addition, only products bought on aveneusa.com are eligible for returns. Other retailers may have a different return policy.
A good anti aging serum needs to contain certain peptides and vitamins in order to nourish and rejuvenate old skin cells. If the formula uses patented substances this is even better as it means they have undergone extensive testing. It is also important that the chosen product works on a variety of signs of aging such as puffiness under the eyes, dark circles and age spots, not just lines and wrinkles.
Below you'll find some of the best Anti Aging Serum formulations on the market in our opinion: