- sunscreen reviews
AVON ANEW SKINVINCIBLE DAY LOTION BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 50 REVIEW
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
AVON SKINVINCIBLE DAY LOTION DESCRIPTION
The most common skin problems related to aging signs are due to excessive and prolonged exposure to the sun’s harmful rays. That is why Avon decided to come up with the Skinvincible Day Lotion. According to the manufacturer it is a broad spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen lotion formulated with an advanced complex of antioxidants to protect your skin from damage due to exposure to the sun and other environmental stressors like smoke, high temperatures, and pollution. It uses a smart repair technology that enhances the skin’s natural cell renewal and repair processes for faster, better healing.
Anew Skinvincible Day Lotion SPF 50 by Avon also contains retinol and claims to hydrate the skin thoroughly to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. It is also said to provide 24-hour moisture and protection without irritating sensitive skin. The active ingredients in this sunscreen lotion can work together to block and protect your skin from both UVA and UVB rays.
If you want to find out more about this product, its ingredients, and possible side effects, read through this review!
As mentioned on its website Avon is a direct-selling company for women founded in 1886 by David H. McConnel. McConnell used to be a traveling book salesperson who also offered free perfumes and beauty products to his predominantly female customers, whom he later recruited as Sales Representatives.
Avon has since then been dedicated to empower, improve the lives, and provide a way for housewives to earn their own income. It commits to living up to its core values of respect, trust, integrity, belief, and humility.
Today, Avon has also been a part of many advocacies promoting environmental care and women’s rights. While the company has good intentions, however, it has been a subject of controversy for not being cruelty-free as it claims to be. Based on many Anew Skinvincible Reviews, some of their claims about their products are also exaggerated or untrue.
AVON SKINVINCIBLE DAY LOTION INGREDIENTS
Below are some of the ingredients in the lotion:
- Avobenzone 2.8%, Homosalate 9.5%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octocrylene 2.56%, Oxybenzone 4.75%: These compounds all provide the broad-spectrum sun protection of this moisturizing day lotion. They absorb both UVB and UVA rays to prevent free radical cell damage and reduce the risk of skin cancer. However, they can cause acne, hair follicle inflammation, contact dermatitis, or irritation in high concentrations. They also tend to make the skin more sensitive.
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein: This ingredient helps attract and bind moisture to the skin to keep it hydrated. However, some people with sensitivities or allergies can react adversely to it.
- Retinol/Saccharomyces Polypeptide: This is a known skin conditioning agent that in high concentrations can cause redness, peeling, irritation, or itching that can last up to a few weeks. While it also helps in treating wrinkles and other skin aging signs, it can damage the skin in the long run.
- Phyllanthus Emblica (Indian Gooseberry) Fruit Extract: Indian gooseberry is used in Ayurvedic medicine for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is natural and generally safe but can cause skin dryness.
- Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Seed Butter: Coconut butter is a good moisturizer and skin exfoliant. It can also reduce free radical damage. However, not all people like its scent.
AVON SKINVINCIBLE DAY LOTION PROS/span>
- This lotion offers broad-spectrum sun protection.
- It has a fluid, fast-absorbing consistency and can be used under makeup.
- Claims to be an allergy- and dermatology-tested product.
AVON SKINVINCIBLE DAY LOTION CONS
- The claim that this product won’t irritate sensitive skin is not true.
- The concentration of sun-protection ingredients may be too high and may cause adverse reactions.
- Despite not being greasy, it can leave an oily shine or sheen on the face.
- The product and company are not 100% cruelty-free.
Avon Skinvincible Day Lotion Price & Quantity?
Avon Anew Skinvincible Day Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50 comes in a 1 fl. oz or 30 ml bottle and is sold for USD 36.00 although it is currently on sale for only USD 19.99 on Avon’s official website. Note, however, that this does not include shipping fees so prices may vary depending on your location.
Should You Buy It?
While the manufacturer claims that their product is suitable for all, including sensitive skin types, some Anew Skinvincible Day Lotion Reviews state otherwise. Through a review of the ingredient list and the components’ workings, benefits, and disadvantages, it was apparent that some main active ingredients of the product do have a potential of causing irritation, peeling, dryness, and itching, especially when used on sensitive skin. The concentration of sun-protecting agents included in the formula may also pose long-term damages on the skin.
Does It Come With a Guarantee?
When shopping through their online website, the company accepts returned products for a money-back guarantee to your account. However, the terms and policies are not stated. You can also buy their products from physical stores where different return policies may apply.
Products that perform double-duty, such as working to protect against UV rays in the form of a tinted moisturizer are always a good idea. Not only do they have multiple benefits but are more convenient to use than having to apply several products. It is still important for the consumer to check exactly what protection any sunscreen-containing cream offers and how often it needs to be applied in order to fully protect the skin from the aging and damaging UV rays.
Below you'll find some of the Best Sunscreen formulations on the market in our opinion: