- Acne Products & Acne Cream
RENEE ROULEAU BHA CLARIFYING SERUM REVIEW
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Bha clarifying serum description
Marketed as the best Best bha Serum, the Renee Rouleau BHA Clarifying Serum claims to use a powerful blend of lactic acid, glycolic acid, and salicylic acid in reducing blemishes, breakouts, and blackheads. It also promises to fade the redness of acne scars. However, these three BHA’s have been associated with some unwanted effects.
The serum also promises to clear clogged pores, reduce oil production, and diminish the look of red marks.
Take a look at this review to know if this is the clarifying serum that you need!
Renee Rouleau is a company founded by an aesthetician who claims to be loved by bloggers, models and celebrities. The company does not believe in using a one size fits all approach to skin care and that is why they develop formulations that are suitable for the nine different skin types that they have discovered. As of now, the company has 55 products which they claim can help you achieve a healthier and more beautiful skin. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
The serum was launched in 2013 and the company claims that it can help achieve a clearer, more toned and smoother skin with fewer visible blemishes as possible. But some of the users have experienced worse breakouts after they have used thus serum.
BHA Clarifying Serum Ingredients
Here are some of the active ingredients of the serum:
- 3% Salicylic Acid Complex: This can deeply penetrate the skin and can unclog pores and clear skin congestion. It can also reduce inflammation on the skin. However, it has been associated with skin thinning and dryness when used over time.
- Meadowstreet Extract: This helps in regulating the oil production of the skin.
- Propylene glycol: Helps active ingredients penetrate skin. However, it can cause rashes, dry skin, and surface damage.
- 4% Lactic Acid: This smoothens the skin and supports the barrier defense of the skin. However, this ingredient has been associated with itching, stinging, rash, and burning.
BHA Clarifying Serum Pros
- The serum uses a combination of powerful anti-acne ingredients in the market. However, this ingredient comes with side effects.
- The serum is free of alcohol, sulfates, parabens, phthalates, and petrolatum.
- It also contains some ingredients helps protect the skin from reaction to the harsh weather like winters.
BHA Clarifying Serum Cons
- Some of the users experienced worse acne breakouts upon using this product.
- Its gets accumulated over the skin blocking the pores and making it oily and greasy.
- The serum is not widely available online.
- It is also quite expensive and takes some time to show any visible effects over the skin surface.
BHA Clarifying Serum Price & Quantity
A 0.5 fl oz (15 ml) pump bottle of Renee Rouleau BHA Clarifying Serum is available for a price of USD 48.50. It is sold in the official site of Renee Rouleau and third-party retailer sites.
Should You Buy It?
The serum contains some of the best anti-acne treatment in the industry so nothing can go wrong, right? While these alpha and beta hydroxy acids are effective in clearing up acne and reducing blemish scars, they come with a few unwanted effects like increased sun sensitivity, stinging, burning, rashes, thinning and drying of the skin, and many more. Therefore, it is not advisable to use these products for a prolonged period of time.
There are also now many natural acne treatments on the market that are not as irritating as this one. We recommend that you opt for a formulation that has lesser side effects.
Does It Come With a Guarantee?
According to the company, they do not accept refunds. But if you wish to return your Renee Rouleau BHA Clarifying Serum purchase, you can return it to them, but instead of a refund, you will get an online store credit. The product will be eligible for return if you will ship it back to the company within 45 days after the date of purchase.
One of the most important parts of keeping skin free of acne and blemishes is to make sure the skin is well-cleansed and that the pores are clear of dirt and bacteria. Using a specially-formulated product for acne is certainly a good idea as long as it is gentle on the skin and doesn't dry it out or cause unwanted irritation.
Below you'll find some of the Best Acne Treatment formulations on the market in our opinion: