Clinique Acne Gel Description
It is a daily treatment gel for acne-clearing results equal to a leading topical prescription. This ultra-powerful daily treatment gel is powered by Clinique’s four-in-one clearing complex with salicylic acid to start clearing blemishes instantly and help prevent new ones from forming.
In this review, we will be going over every detail you’ll need to know before you decide to purchase a new addition to your skincare routine. In this review we’ll start off by going over the general description of the product above, then we’ll move on the positives and negatives we’ve researched on this product. We’ll then cover the remaining details about the brand, how to use the product, and what we personally think when it comes to whether or not you should purchase this product. Let’s get started!
It helps prevent new infections by regularly ridding your skin’s surface of dry skin and de-clogging your pores of hardened oil and impurities. Third, it helps lighten scars left behind by acne as it brightens your overall complexion. But there are very few positive customer reviews about this products effectiveness.
This product is intended for application on infected skin, either on a full surface or as a spot treatment, following a cleanse. Use twice daily for best results.
Clinique Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel, US $26.50 for 30 ml, is an acne solution that claims to deliver “results as good as a leading topical prescription in clearing acne”.
Clinique Acne Gel Ingredients
Has natural skin toning and astringent properties that helps in smoothening your skin by tightening your pores, while simultaneously giving you a brighter complexion by lightening acne and dark marks.
Sea Whip Extract
– Has anti-inflammatory benefits that helps restore skin health, relieves it of irritation, and smoothen the surface of your skin.
– It is used in literally thousands of skin care and personal care products. One of the reasons for such wide adoption is that this chemical is relatively cheap, and because it has such a wide variety of effects on the skin. For example, it’s commonly formulated into moisturizers, acne creams. However it is a chemical & may cause skin irritation.
– It has preservative and surfactant associated with severe skin, eye, and respiratory irritation and allergies, benzalkonium chloride is a sensitizer especially dangerous for people with asthma or skin conditions such as eczema.
Pros and Cons of Clinique Acne Gel
- This product does not contain parabens but ingredients used may cause skin irritation.
- This product contains salicylic acid which helps regulate oil production and skin shedding, two useful functions in preventing skin infections.
- This gel formulation contains anti-inflammatory ingredients intended to speed up skin recovery from damage so that blemish-free skin can happen for you much sooner.
- This product contains denatured alcohol, one of the most damaging products that you can get into contact with your skin as it instantly dries up your skin on contact, and builds up damage that eventually degrades your skin and compromises its naturally strong capability to capture and store moisture.
- This product contains butylene glycol which can be severely irritating to any skin type, which makes this product strongly not recommended for use by people who have sensitive and problematic skin.
- This product only incorporates a 1.0% solution of salicylic acid, too low when compared to the recommended 2.0% to 3.0% solution normally prescribed to treat even the mildest forms of acne.
- According to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
- No substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
Recommending To Purchase
Only if you intend to use Clinique Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel as a daily solution that can be used to maintain a clear skin. Unfortunately, the denatured alcohol content does not make that a recommended course for any skin care regimen. This product should not even be considered if you intend to purchase for acne treatment.
Clinique products are available everywhere. Company provides product satisfaction guarantee but, does not mention any period to qualify coverage.