- sunscreen reviews
Clinique Pep-Start HydroRush Moisturizer Spectrum SPF 20
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Clinique Pep-Start HydroRush Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20, US $29.50 for 50 ml, restores ideal moisture levels and keeps it hydrated over long hours, and combines this with UV protection to help your skin recover from sun damage and dryness.
Clinique Pep-Start HydroRush Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 works to restore ideal skin moisture levels in three ways. First, it floods your skin with skin conditioning and moisturizing ingredients that leave your skin plump and looking denser. Second, it traps in the significant moisture boost and releases these over longer periods of time. Third, it reinforces your skin’s natural protective barrier to minimize surface water loss.
Use this product as part of your morning skin care ritual, following a cleanse and tone. Consider product texture before layering with other products in your routine. Make sure to start with the lightweight products first and thick creams last.
- Avobenzone (3.0%) and Octisalate (5.0%): Chemical sunscreen actives that make this product able to block out both UVA and UVB from getting to your skin
- St. Paul’s Wort Extract: Known for its natural anti-inflammatory properties, this ingredient supports your skin in recovering from signs of damage
- Caffeine: Improves microcirculation to improve the nutrient content of your skin which causes fluids to rush to veins underneath the application area to improve hydration and nutrition
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Makes up for the hyaluronic acid naturally produced by your skin but, which significantly decreases with age; acts as a moisture magnet that draws in moisture from surrounding areas and also gradually releases this to keep your skin feeling hydrated for hours
- Peptides: Improves skin cell coordination to completes repairs and regenerate new skin sooner
- Product formula includes SPF 20, broad spectrum sun protection that addresses UV damage even before they start.
- Oil-free, non-sticky and ideal for use on all skin types that leaves ideal moisturizing for oily and combination skin types that does not leave the skin greasy following application.
- This product does not use hormone-disrupting parabens as preservatives.
- Ideal to be worn under makeup.
- Product uses Avobenzone and Octisalate, chemical sunscreen actives that have been proven to irritate skin and possibly disrupt otherwise normal hormone functioning which, eventually, can adversely effect the health of organs that these control and regulate.
- Product uses phenoxyethanol, a neurotoxin, as product preservative.
- Product contains polyethylene glycols (PEGs), chemicals that bind easily with carcinogens, and butylene glycol, which has been proven time and again to cause severe skin irritations.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
Clinique Pep-Start HydroRush Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 will be an ideal way to simplify and lessen product layering for your morning routine. Unfortunately, this product lacks most other ingredients that can build up improvements over long-term use, which becomes all the more important when you have aging skin.
Clinique accepts product returns and commits to give you a 7-10 business days turnaround on your return request.
Products that perform double-duty, such as working to protect against UV rays in the form of a tinted moisturizer are always a good idea. Not only do they have multiple benefits but are more convenient to use than having to apply several products. It is still important for the consumer to check exactly what protection any sunscreen-containing cream offers and how often it needs to be applied in order to fully protect the skin from the aging and damaging UV rays.
Below you'll find some of the Best Sunscreen formulations on the market in our opinion: