- Acne Products & Acne Cream
CLINIQUE PORE REFINING SOLUTIONS STAY-MATTE HYDRATOR REVIEW
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
CliClinique pore hydrator DESCRIPTION
Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Stay-Matte Hydrator is marketed as an oil-free treatment, which is meant to prevent excess oil production as it instantly improves the look of pores and hydrates the skin.
In this review, we will be going over every detail you’ll need to know before you decide to purchase a new addition to your skincare routine. In this review we’ll start off by going over the general description of the product above, then we’ll move on the positives and negatives we’ve researched on this product. We’ll then cover the remaining details about the brand, how to use the product, and what we personally think when it comes to whether or not you should purchase this product. Let’s get started!
The summer months can be frustrating, especially for women with oily skin. Makeup seems to melt off and maintaining a nice, matte look is nearly impossible. Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Stay-Matte Hydrator promises to address those issues and more thanks to its unique, lightweight formula. However, most of the formulas from this brand are unproven and there are reports that many of them are actually ineffective.
This hydrator instantly reduces the look of pores, brightens the skin, and leaves the T-zone feeling matte all day. With continued use, your pores should appear smaller and the skin should feel fresh and renewed.
For best results, apply Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Stay-Matte Hydrator to your cleansed face twice per day. Rub the product evenly all over the face before applying primer or foundation. Clinique recommends using this product after finishing up with their 3-Step regimen and Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum.
Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Stay-Matte Hydrator retails for $39.00 per 1.7 oz. on Clinique’s own website and several well-known beauty retailer sites.
CClinique pore hydrator INGREDIENTS
- Dimethicone: This ingredient is intended to keep skin moisturized for longer periods of time, and helps to lock moisture in.
- Talc: This ingredient is commonly used in beauty products to deflect light and give the skin an instantly brighter look.
- Glycerin: May help skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
- Butylene Glycol: It is used in literally thousands of skin care and personal care products. One of the reasons for such wide adoption is that this chemical is relatively cheap, and because it has such a wide variety of effects on the skin. For example, it’s commonly formulated into moisturizers, acne creams. However it is a chemical & may cause skin irritation.
Clinique pore hydrator PROS
- This hydrator is oil-free and non-acnegenic so it will not clog pores or break you out but, may cause skin irritation.
- This product helps keep the face matte throughout the day and reduces shine.
- This product is lightweight and absorbs easily into the skin.
CClinique pore hydrator CONS
- Customers claim this product does not wear well under makeup.
- There is nothing in this product’s formula that can actually shrink pores.
- This hydrator can cause irritation due to the high amount of film-forming agents and alcohol.
- This product is a bit pricey for anyone on a budget.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
Enlarged pores and oily skin are troublesome issues, especially in the warmer summer months. Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Stay-Matte Hydrator claims to address each of these issues with continued use, however, there are several issues we’d like to address before you consider purchasing. This hydrator is full of alcohol, light diffusors, and film forming agents. There are very few ingredients included in this formula that will provide long-term hydrating benefits; in fact, they may do the opposite. Continued exposure to alcohol and film-forming agents can be quite irritating to the skin, and may even cause oil production to kick into overdrive. We’d recommend continuing your search for a hydrating product that can actually deliver on its promises and does not contain such a high amount of irritants.
Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Stay-Matte Hydrator is sold on Clinique’s own website and several other very well known beauty retailer websites that have reasonable return policies. If for any reason you are not happy with this product’s results, you may return it with proof of purchase within 30 days for a full refund.
One of the most important parts of keeping skin free of acne and blemishes is to make sure the skin is well-cleansed and that the pores are clear of dirt and bacteria. Using a specially-formulated product for acne is certainly a good idea as long as it is gentle on the skin and doesn't dry it out or cause unwanted irritation.
Below you'll find some of the Best Acne Treatment formulations on the market in our opinion: