- skin brightening cream reviews
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% Review
The content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Description
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% is marketed as a multitasking formula for the face. With continued use, your overall complexion will look brighter, more even, and the look of breakouts will be reduced significantly. Azelaic Acid brightens the complexion while visibly improving the evenness of skin texture and reducing the look of blemishes. We’ll be covering all the details, positives, and negatives so you can have the facts when it comes to this product. This article works in a way so you will be able to see multiple points of view before you decide to buy.
This product is launched under The Ordinary product line, one of the product lines of The Deciem. For this product in particular, the prized ingredient is azelaic acid which has anti-inflammatory properties that can be useful in preventing and address acne breakouts. However, the active ingredient may cause stinging and burning sensation upon application. This ingredient is also said to cause hypopigmentation. Severe reaction to this ingredient may include rash, itching, swelling and difficulty in breathing. All these side effects may cancel out the benefits that the ingredient may deliver. Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% retails for $12.90 per 1.0 fl. oz. of product on The Ordinary’s own website.
The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Ingredients
- Azelaic Acid: This ingredient improves the skin’s texture and tone overall.
- Isodecyl Neopentanoate: It has a high spreadability and leaves a soft feeling on skin and hair.
- Dimethicone: It also provides a protective cover on skin, which is supposed to help keep moisture in, leaving skin hydrated for longer. Also it can increase skin irritation.
- Dimethyl Isosorbide: It contains Vitamin E oil which works to block free radicals from the body, which play a large part in the aging process. Some research suggests that taking large amounts of vitamin E might actually increase the chance of developing prostate cancer.
THE ORDINARY AZELAIC ACID ADVANTAGES
- This formula contains skin-clearing ingredients which may cause skin irritation for sensitive skins.
- This product improves the overall look of your complexion and evens out the skin’s tone.
- This product improves the texture of your skin.
The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Disadvantages
- Customers claim the product feels very slick upon application and doesn’t seem to dry down.
- This product is very difficult to layer with other skincare products and makeup.
- Customers with sensitive skin claim this product burned and caused their skin to become quite irritated.
- Many customer stated that this product’s tube was 1/3rd cream and 2/3rd’s air & not value for money.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% can brighten the skin’s tone and even out the skin’s texture while providing protection against damage caused by environmental aggressors. Although this may sound like the perfect addition to your skincare routine, there are several issues we’d like to address before you consider purchasing. Customers are generally unhappy with the consistency of this product. It feels quite slick to the touch and never seems to dry down properly. It also appears to cause adverse reactions for those with sensitive skin types. We’d recommend continuing your search for a brightening formula that absorbs easily into the skin and doesn’t cause any negative reactions for those with sensitive or acne-prone skin.
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% is available on The Ordinary’s website. If you’re not happy with the product for any reason you can apply for a refund within one year of receiving your order.
While some anti aging products use a long list of ingredients in their formulas, others are more simple instead relying on one or two beneficial ingredients. Many products designed to reduce signs of aging in the facial skin contain at least one or two oils which not only supply much needed nutrients, but also keep the skin soft and supple. If the oil has additional benefits such as anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that is even better and highly recommended.
Below you'll find some of the Skin Lightening Cream formulations on the market in our opinion: