- sunscreen reviews
DERMALOGICA ULTRACALMING SPF 30 REVIEWS
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
DERMALOGICA ULTRACALMING SPF 30 DESCRIPTION
According to the manufacturer Dermalogica UltraCalming SPF 30, also referred to as Super Sensitive Shield, is a natural mineral sunscreen moisturizer formulated with a complex of oats and botanicals designed specifically for people with sensitive, break-out/irritation-prone skin, because it protects from UV rays while also reducing burning and itching.
In this Dermalogica UltraCalming SPF 30 review we’ll be covering all the details, positives, and negatives so you can have the facts when it comes to this product. This article works in a way so you will be able to see multiple points of view before you decide to buy.
As mentioned on its website Dermalogica UltraCalming SPF 30 is a unique sunscreen product because it is meant to protect sensitive skin from sun damage while soothing and preventing irritation. It also hydrates your skin to repair damaged lipid barriers that cause sensitivity. Typical sunscreens and other face products can cause breakouts, but this sunscreen includes soothing oat and fruit extracts to reduce the amount of breakouts and soothe the redness caused by blemishes. However there are very few positive customer review available.
Apply evenly and liberally to face, preferably 15 minutes prior to sun exposure. Or, mix with your moisturizer or foundation, then apply. For continuous coverage, apply regularly and reapply as needed after swimming and exercise.
Dermalogica UltraCalming SPF 30 can be purchased through major retailers like Ulta Beauty and directly through the manufacturer. This product retails for $53 for 1.7 oz. bottle.
DERMALOGICA ULTRACALMING SPF 30 INGREDIENTS
- Titanium Dioxide 7.0%: Inert earth mineral used as a thickening, whitening, lubricating, and sunscreen ingredient in cosmetics. It protects skin from UVA and UVB radiation and is considered no risk of skin sensitivity. Because it’s gentle, titanium dioxide is a great sunscreen active for sensitive, redness-prone skin.
- Zinc Oxide 9.0%: A known broad-spectrum blocker that shields skin from UVA, UVB and even UVC rays. It sits on top of the skin, reflecting, scattering and absorbing harmful UV radiation. It may also cause skin irritation for sensitive skin.
- Butylene Glycol: It is used in literally thousands of skin care and personal care products. One of the reasons for such wide adoption is that this chemical is relatively cheap, and because it has such a wide variety of effects on the skin. For example, it’s commonly formulated into moisturizers, acne creams. However it is a chemical & may cause skin irritation.
- Glycerin: May help skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
DERMALOGICA ULTRACALMING SPF 30 PROS
- Gentle on sensitive skin but ingredients used may cause skin irritation.
- Soothes irritation caused by sensitivity.
- Soothes redness caused by break-outs.
DERMALOGICA ULTRACALMING SPF 30 CONS
- Customers claim this product caused their skin to break out in small pimples and bumps.
- This sunscreen contains known, fragrant irritants.
- The price of this sunscreen may prevent customers from applying this product thoroughly to the skin.
- No substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
Recommending to Purchase?
Although a broad spectrum SPF of at least 30 is always recommended for your daily beauty routine, it’s understandable that some women shy away from a heavy sunscreen. Some sunscreens can feel irritating on dry skin, but Dermalogica Ultracalming SPF 30 claims to be the solution. Although this product may sound like the soothing sunscreen you’ve been looking for, there is one major issue with this product. This sunscreen is formulated with lavender oil, to create a soothing sensation. Unfortunately, this ingredient is well known to cause irritation and flakiness over time. This is especially troubling considering the fact that SPF is meant to protect skin from the sun, not make it more susceptible to damage. We’d recommend continuing your search for a sunscreen which does not contain any unnecessary irritants or fragrances.
Dermalogica provides a 30-day money-back guarantee on all products from the date of purchase.
Products that perform double-duty, such as working to protect against UV rays in the form of a tinted moisturizer are always a good idea. Not only do they have multiple benefits but are more convenient to use than having to apply several products. It is still important for the consumer to check exactly what protection any sunscreen-containing cream offers and how often it needs to be applied in order to fully protect the skin from the aging and damaging UV rays.
Below you'll find some of the Best Sunscreen formulations on the market in our opinion: