- exfoliator reviews
DR. BRANDT MICRODERMABRASION IN A JAR REVIEW
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
DR. BRANDT MICRODERMABRASION IN A JAR DESCRIPTION
Marketed as a skin exfoliating scrub, Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion in a Jar is formulated to treat dullness, uneven texture, fine lines and blemishes. This is a do-it-yourself microdermabrasion solution that can be used at home and it is affordable compared to professional microdermabrasion treatments. It uses a combination of actives, such as lactic acid, exfoliating crystals and soothing botanicals.
In this review we’ll be covering all the details, positives, and negatives so you can have the facts when it comes to this product. This article works in a way so you will be able to see multiple points of view before you decide to buy.
Founded by Dr. Fredric Brandt who’s a visionary in the world of cosmetic dermatology (according to the Dr. Brandt website), this company is not very well-known although it has been around for more than 20 years. They offer a wide range of skin care products, specializing in anti-aging formulations that use cutting-edge ingredients. However, some users were not satisfied and expressed that it did not have a remarkable difference on their skin.
To use Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion in a Jar, dampen skin with lukewarm water. Then, slowly massage the cream for one to two minutes; be careful of the eye area to avoid irritation. Rinse well and pat dry. Make sure to use it only one to two times a week with three days between applications – when it is used too often, the skin can develop irritation.
The Dr. Brandt website sells this product for $79 (2 oz. container).
DR. BRANDT MICRODERMABRASION IN A JAR INGREDIENTS
- Aluminum Oxide Crystals: These components polish the skin and remove dead skin cells. Although they are designed to be gentle, some users are sensitive to these crystals.
- Lactic Acid: This is an amazing natural exfoliator that removes dead skin cells from the surface. It has softening effects on the skin as well.
- Aloe Vera: It reduce skin inflammation. Additionally, in Ayurvedic medicine, Aloe is used to effectively heal chronic skin problems, such as psoriasis, acne and eczema. Though it may also cause rashes on the skin & itchy skin.
- Chamomile: It posses many powerful skin properties such as anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, antibacterial, antiseptic, and contains essential oils and antioxidants. Additionally, is a hypoallergenic and helps to reduce skin irritants by neutralizing free radicals. It also has the potential to trigger allergic reactions in people who are allergic to related plants in the daisy family.
DR. BRANDT MICRODERMABRASION IN A JAR pros
- This formulation has a nice, clean lemon scent but, many have reported that its unpleasant.
- It is designed to address the most common aging signs.
- It may help prevent acne.
DR. BRANDT MICRODERMABRASION IN A JAR cons
- No scientific testing is done to prove that it has anti-aging benefits.
- Some users say they are hypersensitive to the formulation.
- There’s no money back guarantee.
- For an exfoliator, it is priced very high.
- According to reviews, it only offers ordinary exfoliation.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion in a Jar sounds pretty impressive when you first hear about it. However, when you take a closer look at its formulation, you will quickly realize that this is just an ordinary exfoliating product. It contains scrubbing crystals, an alpha hydxoxy acid and natural soothing ingredients – just like many other products on the market.
The main downfall of this formula is its price, which is unacceptable for something that doesn’t really stand out in any way. It’s worth a try but there are many better exfoliators that are more effective and considerably cheaper.
There is 30 days money back guarantee mentioned on the Dr. Brandt website but some websites offer a free sample of this product.
While exfoliating the skin does not have to be done on a daily basis, it should be performed on a regular basis in order to keep the skin free of dead skin cells which contribute to a dull, poorly textured skin surface. With any exfoliator it is important to choose one suitable for your skin type, particularly if skin is sensitive or prone to breakouts. An exfoliator that is gentle yet effective, clearing the pores but maintaining moisture is preferable.
Below you'll find some of the best Exfoliating Body Scrub formulations on the market in our opinion:
Something we believe is that every page on the website should be created for a purpose. Our Quality Page Score is therefore a measurement of how well a page achieves that purpose. A page's quality score is not an absolute score however, but rather a score relative to other pages on the website that have a similar purpose. It has nothing to do with any product ratings or rankings. It's our internal auditing tool to measure the quality of the on the page content. There are a number of factors that determine the Page Score of a given page. Landing page quality is a factor in determining Page Score. Landing page quality generally refers to whether or not the overall page contains relevant and original content to the web page visitor. The content quality value of a web page is determined by comparing a page to known quality patterns and each pattern carries a different weighting in how it affects the overall content quality value of a page. We also factor in user generated feedback on this form plus a page quality algorithm. Since web pages content can change, the content quality value of a web page is updated periodically