How To Get Rid Of Flabby Arms And Bat Wings: Exercises And Tips
Hey, are you perturbed about how to get rid of flabby arms and bat wings? Now, who doesn’t just love to look all trimmed, smart looking and ready to take on those lovely pieces of clothing this summer and without restrictions? No doubt arm fat asides abdominal, and thigh fat constitutes one of the many worries for everyone seeking to get rid of those extra arm muscles that tend to alter one’s looks.
So, sit tight and hitch a ride with me as I take you through some essential help and tips for dealing with flabby arms and bat wings to give you that tank top or firmer arm you wish you had.
A. What Are Flabby Arm And Bat Wings?
Flabby arms are also known as batwing refer to those extra layers of fat around your upper arm that makes your arm look saggy and out of shape. They are nicknamed bat wings because at the rear looking from shoulders to the arms has the looks of a bat with wings in that extra arm muscle.
B. Effects Of Flabby Arms And Bat Wings On You
1. Flabby arms cause the body to carry more weight especially when much weight combines with bat wings.
2. It makes you look older.
3. The more extra layer of flab the less likely you are to wear tank tops.
4. Can affect your entire body looks.
5. It has potential to impact self-worth and body type.
C. What Are The Causes Of Flabby Arms And Bat Wings?
1. It could be due to hormonal changes occurring especially in women and resulting in storing up more body fat in the upper arm.
2. As people age, the body begins to lose its elasticity leading to a sagging body.
3. When you experience slower metabolic rate, and low-calorie burns as well as a lack of regular exercise to burn fat it can result in flabby arms.
4. More weight gain helps gravitational pool around the arm causing flabbiness. And that’s a good reason to know how to get rid of flabby arms.
D. What Is The Best Exercise For Flabby Arms?
Now, here is what you have been waiting for, exercises for flabby arms and bat wings
How To Get Rid Of Flabby Arms Without Building Muscle:
Here is some exercise for flabby arms without weights and as an excellent how to get rid of flabby arms without building muscles
1. Push Ups
Push up is one of the oldest arm exercises ever meant for the triceps. It helps strengthen upper arms and ensure leaner muscles.
- Lye with your entire body parallel on the floor facing downwards.
- Place your hands (palms) firmly on the floor fully extended with shoulders apart.
- Use your arm to lift your body up and down in successions. But ensure your feet remain down and knees fully stretched always.
- Inhale as you lower body with your chest almost touching the floor.
- Exhale as you lift your body to full arm’s length and repeat several times.
2. Triceps Dips
To do this, you need a firm chair or rack to hold onto without falling.
- Begin from a seating position but as if to seat on the floor in front, not on the chair.
- With the chair behind you place your arm on it firmly.
- Ensure your body is upright with elbows tucked in close by your sides.
- Lower your body from a 90-degree angle downwards and gradually back up to your starting position.
- Do this repeatedly.
3. The Windmill Exercise
The target for this activity is the bicep curls and triceps as it helps strengthen the upper body, arms, shoulders and neck muscles.
- Stretch both arms forward at 90-degree angle.
- Raise arms upward and then backward in a rotational manner till you achieve 360 degrees.
- Keep rotating forward for 20 times and then back for 20 times also.
4. The Wave Goodbye Exercise
It is called toning the arm exercise. It focuses on strengthening the arms to the shoulders.
- Raise both arms sides ways to shoulder level and fully extended.
- Let your upper arm remain still as you wave both palms like you were saying goodbye to a loved one.
- Increase the speed and motion at least 50 times per row till you achieve 4-5 rows.
5. The Prayer Pose
This yoga pose target is to work on your biceps and triceps.
- Put your hands together in prayer but now raise them above your head.
- Bring them down towards your chest and keep repeating the process for say 30 times.
6. Arm Stretches
The focus is to tone the arm muscles and is excellent without weight exercise for flabby arms. Procedure:
- Raise right hand above the head to the left shoulder.
- Interlock with your left hand.
- Use the left hand to pull the right hand firmly till it drops from your shoulders.
- Now reverse to the center of your head and then work on the left hand to right shoulder.
- Repeat at least 20 times.
E. Exercises For Flabby Arms With Weights
1. Triceps extension
You would need a dumbbell for this activity.
- Stand straight, all 180 degrees.
- Have the dumbbell in a firm grip and raise high behind your head.
- Keep your palms fully opened facing the ceiling but holding the dumbbells sturdily.
- Make sure upper arms remained firm to the head, elbows close to the eyes and locked to the ears.
- Lower the weight till it touches your upper back.
- Now exhale as you lift dumbbell upwards and downwards repeatedly.
2. Triceps Lateral Lift
You need a dumbbell for this exercise.
- Place left foot forward and slightly bent at the knee.
- Let the right leg stretch backward till your head to feet makes 45-degrees all straight.
- Hold dumbbell firmly with the right hand and raise back behind your body up to shoulder level.
- Then bring dumbbell forward in the same motion to chest level.
- Repeat the process up to 20 times and then switch positions.
F. How To Get Rid Of Flabby Arms After Weight Loss
Wondering how to get rid of flabby arms after weight loss? It could be so annoying especially if you have tried so many weight loss recipes with little to show for it. Yes, while some having a lean and excellent looking body is an obsession but for most, it is necessary to keep in shape while staying fit.
Here is what you can do to rid of flabby arms after weight loss:
1. Push Ups
Though, I discussed Push Ups with early but here is a slight adjustment to the setup.
- The weight should be on your knees not feet this time.
- With straightened back push up with extending your arms all the way.
- Make the up and down motion repeatedly.
2. Triceps Dips
See details above. Triceps dips are an excellent way to tone your arms when trying to rid of flabby arms after weight loss.
3. Dumbbell Bicep Curls
It strengthens your biceps.
- Stand straight with a dumbbell in both hands.
- Position your palms facing up.
- Still holding dumbbells, lift both arms upwards and from the elbow point.
- Maintain elbows at your side all through.
- So keep making the upward and downward movement in the same position.
4. Tips For Flabby Arm Management
- To know how to get rid of flabby arms and have lean muscles maintain a regular and balanced diet, exercise often, and you should have a tight and healthier skin when you build muscles.
- With a 10% body fat for males and 20% body fat for females, you could in a worse case consider surgery.
- Stubborn fats such as the ones found around the butt, thigh, lower back, and hips require a special diet and well-targeted exercises to eliminate.
“Hope you find the post helpful and we are excited to hear what you think of it!”