- sunscreen reviews
J.R. Watkins Natural Apothecary Moisturizing After Sun Gel Review
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
J.R. WATKINS AFTER SUN GEL DESCRIPTION
J.R. Watkins Natural Apothecary Moisturizing After Sun Gel is marketed as a gel that can replenish the moisture levels of the dry and sun-exposed skin. It also promises to address various issues that are associated with sunburn and skin dryness. It claims to soothe the pain that is associated with sunburn. If you wish to know more about this product, you need to read this J.R. Watkins After Sun Gel Review!
As mentioned on its website J.R. Watkins is a skin care company that has been in the industry since 1868. Since its establishment, the company is continuously deliver tried-and-true natural products that are good and beneficial for the health and beauty of their clients. All of their products are crafted in the USA.
For best results, the manufacturer suggests to apply a generous amount of the product to the affected area, not more than 4 times a day. This is recommended only for adults as well as children that are 2 years and older.
The J.R. Watkins Natural Apothecary Moisturizing After Sun Gel comes in a 12 fl oz plastic bottle. It can be purchased from retailer sites.There is no product price mentioned on is official site.
J.R. WATKINS AFTER SUN GEL INGREDIENTS
- 0.1% Lidocaine Hydrochloride: This is an anesthetic that can help in minimizing pain by blocking the nerve signals in the body. In small amounts and when applied topically, the substance can help in relieving pain associated with sunburn, minor cuts, burns as well as scratches.
- Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera) Leaf Juice: This delivers antimicrobial properties to the skin and keeps infection at bay. But more than that, it has calming and soothing properties that can be beneficial to the sunburned skin. It helps to minimize the inflammation in the skin too.
- Sodium Hydroxide: It is used to balance pH level. However it causes redness or burning on skin.
J.R. WATKINS AFTER SUN GEL pros
- Claims to be 96.5% natural.
- It is free of dyes, phthalates, parabens, glycol, and alcohol.
J.R. WATKINS AFTER SUN GEL cons
- This contains fragrance.
- Many users claim that the product caused breakout.
- No substantial evidence is available to prove its effectiveness.
- The product is not widely available online.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
This product contains Lidocaine that can help in relieving pain that is associated with sunburn. It also has aloe vera that can soothe and moisturize the skin. However, it also contains fragrance that may irritate the skin. This may be the reason why many users of the product complain about experiencing breakout when they used it.
We recommend that you opt for a fragrance-free sun care product that is widely available in the market.
As mentioned on its official website it offers 30 days return policy.
Products that perform double-duty, such as working to protect against UV rays in the form of a tinted moisturizer are always a good idea. Not only do they have multiple benefits but are more convenient to use than having to apply several products. It is still important for the consumer to check exactly what protection any sunscreen-containing cream offers and how often it needs to be applied in order to fully protect the skin from the aging and damaging UV rays.
Below you'll find some of the Best Sunscreen formulations on the market in our opinion: