- facial toner reviews
Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Primer Review
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Korres Mattifying Primer Description
This formulation is a water-based pore minimizing, mattifying and skin-enhancing primer that delivers instant results. It can be used to immediately (but only temporarily) fix visible pores, makeup meltdown and unwanted shine. This product is claimed to be clinically proven to blend to an invisible matte finish and at the same time reduce the visibility of pores, balance skin tone, improve texture, and prepare skin for smooth application of makeup. It is also said to extend the wear of makeup through a 94% natural and non-comedogenic formula.
There are several Korres Mattifying Primer uses, including its ability to maintain skin matte while instantly reducing the visibility of pores (temporary effect only). This formula reduces shine as well, giving its user that perfectly flawless ‘red carpet’ look. Some components help balance skin tone while improving the skin’s texture as well. It can also be used to slow down the skin’s aging process slightly, since the primary component of this product is rich in antioxidants that can neutralize age-accelerating free radicals.
Continue reading our all-inclusive Korres Mattifying Primer review to know if this is a suitable addition to your skin care regimen.
Korres is a skin care company that is based in Athens, Greece, with roots in the oldest homeopathic pharmacies in the region. It is committed to creating natural skin care formulations that can deliver top-notch results without causing adverse effects; however, many feedback from users say they developed irritation, likely from the fragrance that are added. Still, this brand boasts of having the most environmentally friendly and skin compatible skin care products today.
Several years have passed since the launch of this mattifying primer from Korres. Mixed results have been reported from people who have tried this product; many say it is a good primer that instantly enhances the skin’s appearance, but there are also reports of adverse effects. One Pomegranate Mattifying Primer review claims that it caused her skin to break out after only a few hours of applying it, and there are reports that it can irritate skin as well. Still, it is well-known to reduce pore size immediately although this effect is only temporary.
How to Use: This product can be used alone or on top of your moisturizer. Apply to cleansed and dry skin and then follow with foundation immediately.
Korres Mattifying Primer Ingredients
- Pomegranate Extract: Studies have shown that this natural ingredient is rich in vitamins C, E and A, which are known to be effective anti-aging components – they offer antioxidant, conditioning and rejuvenating properties. However, this natural extract has been shown to cause sensitivity reactions to many people since it is acidic
- Willow Bark Extract: It is claimed to balance skin, but in topical formulas, this is often used for astringent and anti-inflammatory properties. It soothes skin and helps condition it, improving both appearance and texture. Be warned though, although natural, it can cause adverse effects on some skin types
- Witch Hazel Water: Known for its immediate tightening effect on the skin, it reduces the appearance of pores and helps remove excess dirt and oil
- Rice Starch: This ingredient absorbs excess oil on the skin’s surface, but it also helps soften and purify skin. It is becoming more popular in skin care since rice water has been shown to help brighten the skin and make it more radiant. Some experts believe that it can improve the skin’s smoothness and firmness as well, but research on this component is still very new
Korres Mattifying Primer pros
- Its key ingredients are sourced naturally to reduce risk of adverse effects
- Formulated to reduce pores, balance skin tone, improve texture and immediately improve the skin’s appearance
- There are good reviews from users although some have reported sensitivity to this formula
Korres Mattifying Primer cons
- There are many reports that witch hazel can cause irritation on sensitive skin
- It is made with fragrance, which is another potential cause of irritation
- There’s no money back guarantee for this product
- No extensive testing has been done to prove it is safe and effective
- Some users say it doesn’t look good on their skin; it can cause peeling and doesn’t mattify oily areas well
- It can break out highly sensitive skin types
Korres Mattifying Primer Price & Quantity?
One 30-mL tube of Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Primer can be ordered online for $33.
Should You Buy It?
This is a recommended product, but you need to make sure your skin is compatible with this formulation. It is well-known for causing irritation on sensitive skin, which is most likely due to its acidic key ingredient. If possible, try to get a sample first so there’s minimal risk that your money will be wasted since there’s no satisfaction guarantee for this product. There are good reviews from some users saying it is a good primer although some say it doesn’t look and feel good on their skin.
Does It Come With a Guarantee?
Our Korres Pomegranate Primer review has revealed that this formula isn’t for everyone since it can cause irritation on many users. The problem is that there’s no money back guarantee for products from Korres.
Using a toner on the skin is an important part of a complete skincare routine but often neglected by many people. Toners not only help remove all excess traces of skin cleansers but they can also help restore the skin's PH balance and encourage the blood flow to the skin cells. The toner one chooses should be matched to the skin type and contain natural, pure ingredients that have undergone clinical and consumer testing.
Below you'll find some of The Best Face Toner formulations on the market in our opinion: