- vitamin c serum reviews
Vichy Liftactiv Vitamin C Serum Review
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Liftactiv C Serum Description
The Liftactiv C Serum is a 15% pure vitamin C serum that contains hyaluronic acid. With its high concentration of vitamin C, the serum claims to brighten the complexion and firm the skin.It also promises to leave the skin hydrated, rested and lifted. But there are some reviews that claim that this concentration of vitamin C may be too strong for sensitive skin.
To use this product, place 4 to 5 drops of the serum in your hands then use your fingertips to evenly apply it to the freshly cleansed dry skin. It is recommended that you use sun protection when using this product.
Don’t buy this product without reading this Vichy Liftactiv Vitamin C Serum Review first!
Vichy USA is a skincare company that claims to have been serving the skin for over eight decades already. The serum was launched during the latter part of 2017 and is the latest addition to the Vichy’s Liftactiv product line. As per the manufacturer’s description, you can expect to see brighter and firmer skin by using this serum. However, the high concentration of ingredients may be too strong for sensitive skin. This is the most common concern in Vichy Vitamin c Serum Reviews.
Liftactiv C Serum Ingredients
The active ingredients in the serum are as follows:
- 15% Pure Vitamin C: This is a potent antioxidant that can protect the skin from free radicals. It is also a known brightening agent that can clarify and lighten the skin’s complexion. The high concentration of vitamin C in this formulation may not be suitable for sensitive skin.
- Vichy Mineralizing Themal Water: It is known for strengthening the natural defenses of the skin.
- Maritime Pine Extract: Pycnogenol prevents the degradation of elastin and collagen. There is not enough reliable information about the safety of this extract for pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Neospheridine: this fights off inflammation and UV damage.
Liftactiv C Serum Pros
- The serum contains high concentrations of vitamin C, but it may be a bit too strong for people with sensitive skin.
- The serum is free of paraben and fragrance.
- It promises to deliver results in just 10 days.
Liftactiv C Serum Cons
- The serum contains only eleven ingredients, but it includes alcohol.
- Many users complained about the product’s strong smell.
- Other users claim that the serum made them break out.
- Users reported that they did not see any visible results after ten days of use.
- Some reviews talked about a burning sensation upon application.
Liftactiv C Serum Price & Quantity
A 0.34 oz (10 ml) dropper bottle of Vichy Liftactiv Vitamin C Serum is sold for a price of USD 28.50 in the official Vichy USA website. You can also buy it for roughly the same price in various retailer sites.
Should You Buy It?
The serum seems to be perfect when you take a look at its description. But upon closer inspection at its formulation and reviews, you will realize that its use comes with a few issues. The complaints in reviews range from overpowering scent to difficult application to no visible results.
It should also be used within 10 to 15 days so we can say that the price is pretty high for such a small amount of product.
We recommend that you opt for a serum that has better reviews and more reasonable price than this.
Does It Come With a Guarantee?
All Vichy products, including Vichy pure vitamin c serum, must be returned to the company within 30 days after the date of receipt. However, they do not accept returns of empty bottles. The refund will be issued in the form of credit card within 10 days after the package has been returned to the company.
While some wear and tear on the skin is natural as it ages, much of the damage is caused by harmful factors such as oxidative stress and free radicals. The use of powerful antioxidants has become particularly popular over the recent years as they not only protect the skin cells but also make them more resilient to future attacks. Using a cream or serum containing ingredients known to have antioxidant properties is vital and when applied on a regular basis will create a more youthful, firmer and overall healthier appearance in the skin.
Below you'll find some of the best Vitamin C Serum formulations on the market in our opinion: