- sunscreen reviews
Mary Kay Timewise Repair Day Cream Sunscreen
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Mary Kay Timewise Repair Day Cream Sunscreen Description
Mary Kay TimeWise Repair Volu-Firm Day Cream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 is a skin moisturizer and protector which is intended to help prevent future damage and help existing skin damage be less noticeable.
In this review, we will be going over every detail you’ll need to know before you decide to purchase a new addition to your skincare routine. We’ll start off by going over the general description of the product above, then we’ll move on the positives and negatives we’ve researched on this product. We’ll then cover the remaining details about the brand, how to use the product, and what we personally think when it comes to whether or not you should purchase this product. Let’s get started!
Mary Kay Timewise Repair Day Cream Sunscreen Overview
Over time, skin loses its elasticity and begins to sag. In addition to that, fine lines and wrinkles begin to become more noticeable meaning its important to prevent any further damage.
Mary Kay’s answer to this age-old problem is their TimeWise Repair Volu-Firm Day Cream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30. This moisturizing sunscreen is intended to protect your skin safely and effectively. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
The rich, creamy formula is meant to help skin feel calm and soothed, but never weighed down. Over time, skin becomes more sensitive to external factors, and this product is meant to act as a barrier between your skin and the daily environmental harms your skin faces.
Mary Kay TimeWise Repair Volu-Firm Day Cream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 may be applied 15 minutes before exposure to the sun. It is recommended that you reapply every 2 hours in order to receive the full benefits of the Broad Spectrum sunscreen.
This anti-aging moisturizer retails for $52.oo per 1.7 oz. of product on Mary Kay’s website.
Mary Kay Timewise Repair Day Cream Sunscreen Ingredients
- Avobenzone (2%):This is a common sunscreen ingredient which offers protection from the sun’s harmful UVA rays. However, it may cause skin irritation.
- Homosalate (5%): This is a widely used chemical in sunscreen, meant to help protect the harmful effects of the sun.
- Octocrylene (2%): This ingredient is a chemical compound often used as an additive in sunscreen. It may also have moisturizing effects.
- Oxybenzone (4%): This ingredient primarily functions as a photostabilizer and sunscreen.
- This moisturizer contains Broad Spectrum SPF 30 to help protect skin from the sun’s harmful rays. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
- The formula is hydrating, but lightweight and creamy in texture upon application.
- This product’s ingredients are photostable, which means the ingredients will maintain their integrity and protective power after being exposed to sunlight.
- Sunscreen should be applied liberally, however, the cost is a bit prohibitive and may prevent the user from using a good amount of product.
- Customers have claimed this creamy product rolls up into little balls several minutes after applying it to the skin, making makeup application difficult.
- This product contains several irritants in the form of fragrance and preservatives.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
One of the biggest issues with this product is the price. Beyond the sunscreen benefits, this moisturizer is packed with antioxidants, however, there are plenty of moisturizing sunscreens that cost significantly less and are easier to obtain. This product also contains a sensitizing preservative called methylisothiazolinone. This product is supposed to act as a soothing moisturizer; however, ingredients like this can cause irritation to those with sensitive skin, making the user more susceptible to skin damage.
This product is a bit difficult to get unless you purchase it from Mary Kay’s website or a Mary Kay representative.
Products that perform double-duty, such as working to protect against UV rays in the form of a tinted moisturizer are always a good idea. Not only do they have multiple benefits but are more convenient to use than having to apply several products. It is still important for the consumer to check exactly what protection any sunscreen-containing cream offers and how often it needs to be applied in order to fully protect the skin from the aging and damaging UV rays.
Below you'll find some of the Best Sunscreen formulations on the market in our opinion: