- sunscreen reviews
Mattifying Oil Control Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Review
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Mattifying Oil Control Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Description
Formulated with Clarifying Neutralizing Complex and oil-balancing micro particles, this moisturizer claims to help protect skin from UVA-UVB sun damage, while controlling shine and mattifying imperfections. It is specifically formulated for blemish-prone skin and said to be comedogenic (won’t clog pores). Read our complete Mattifying Oil Control Moisturizer review to know if this product is a valuable addition to your skin care arsenal.
Doctor’s Dermatologic Formula (DDF) was created by Dr. Howard Sobel. For over 25 years, the company has brought dermatologic approach to skin care.
That is why DDF tackles the root causes of skin problems rather than just treating the symptoms. DDF’s top products include anti-aging preventive, anti-aging restorative, acne-fighting solutions and formulations specially created for sensitive skin.
To use Mattifying Oil Control Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15, apply a generous amount to skin at least 15 minutes before sun exposure. Re-apply at least every two hours.
One tube container (1.07 oz.) of this moisturizer is being sold online for $39.00
Mattifying Oil Control Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Ingredients
- With Hazel: It is a natural astringent and rich in powerful antioxidants. It speeds up the skin’s healing process, stops cellular damage and gets rid of bacteria lurking within the pores of the skin.
- Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate): Due to its tiny molecular structures, Retinyl Palmitate has the ability to penetrate skin and repair the inner layers where collagen and elastin dwell. It helps boost collagen and elastin production, replaces skin previously damaged by acne and promotes skin cell renewal. It is also a gentler form of retinol that is often used for sensitive skin types.
- Aloe Vera, Marigold and Ginger Root: Helps calm irritated skin due to breakouts.
Mattifying Oil Control Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Advantages
- Helps control shine instantly.
- Contains UVA/UVB broad spectrum SPF 15 to protect skin against sun damage.
- Leaves skin hydrated, plump and matte.
- Oil-free and non comedogenic formula.
- Not greasy and absorbs well.
Mattifying Oil Control Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Disadvantages
- It contains a number of harmful chemicals.
- There are reports that it can cause skin irritation or allergic reactions.
- It contains parabens (Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben).
- Results don’t last; you need to re-apply frequently even if you are not swimming or sweating.
- Has low SPF content.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
Mattifying Oil Control Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 is an average formulation. There’s nothing special to it. It has mixed reviews, but generally, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. While it can effectively control shine, it doesn’t last long. It has low SPF content as well, so you really need to re-apply frequently. But probably, the disadvantage you should be concerned with is the use of harsh ingredients in its formulation that may cause skin sensitivity, irritation and long-term side effects. Check other sunscreen with better oil control and higher SPF.
DDF offers a 60-day Satisfaction Guarantee.
Products that perform double-duty, such as working to protect against UV rays in the form of a tinted moisturizer are always a good idea. Not only do they have multiple benefits but are more convenient to use than having to apply several products. It is still important for the consumer to check exactly what protection any sunscreen-containing cream offers and how often it needs to be applied in order to fully protect the skin from the aging and damaging UV rays.
Below you'll find some of the Best Sunscreen formulations on the market in our opinion: