- sunscreen reviews
Obagi Sunshield Mineral SPF50 Review
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Obagi Sunshield Mineral SPF 50 Description
This product uses clinically-backed minerals to protect the skin from the age-accelerating UVA and UVB rays of the sun. It is a water-resistant lotion that can be used for swimming, sports or general physical activities. This mineral sunscreen is water resistant up to 40 minutes, physically blocking the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun.Iit is infused with ceramides as well to keep skin soft and strengthen its protective barrier. You need to read our Obagi Sunshield Mineral SPF 50 Review first before buying this product.
Obagi is a skin care line that offers different formulations, specializing in anti-aging and rejuvenating products. It claims to use only high-quality, potent and proven ingredients that are carefully researched.
The Obagi system is composed of different formulations that reduce aging signs, prevent their further development, and at the same time promote the skin’s optimal appearance and texture.This company is somewhat known in the skin care industry and it offers a refund for unsatisfied customers.
To use Obagi Sunshield Mineral SPF 50, apply the formula liberally 15 minutes before exposure to the sun, then re-apply after 40 minutes of sweating or swimming; during normal circumstances, it should be re-applied every two hours.
A 3-oz.tube container of this mineral sunscreen can be ordered online for $51.50.
Obagi Sunshield Mineral SPF 50 Ingredients
- Zinc Oxide: This mineral is an effective compound when it comes to blocking the harmful rays of the sun. It works by reflecting and scattering ultraviolet rays to protect the skin from damage and premature aging.
- Titanium Dioxide: Claimed to boost cellular repair and rejuvenation, it helps restore the skin’s youthful qualities.
- Dimethicone: This works like a barrier that protects the skin from irritants and other potential causes of skin problems.
Obagi Sunshield Mineral SPF 50 Advantages
- Uses proven minerals that can safely protect the skin from rapid aging
- Helps support the skin’s cellular matrix
- Oil-free and lightweight formula
- Water resistant for up to 40 minutes
- There are good reviews from users who have tried this mineral sunscreen
Obagi Sunshield Mineral SPF 50 Disadvantages
- No substantial clinical evidence is available to prove its anti-aging claims
- There are reports that it can cause a white film or “clown face”
- Not light; feels thick and isn’t easily absorbed by the skin
- Some users say they are sensitive to this product
- There are users who still got sunburned after using this formula properly
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
Obagi Sunshield Mineral SPF 50 is a good mineral sunscreen that uses safe active ingredients to protect skin from the sun’s harmful rays. It is an ideal alternative to chemical sunscreens that have a high likelihood of causing problems, such as acne and skin irritation. There are good customer reviews as well, but it also comes with drawbacks, the most noteworthy of which is its high price. There are many similar products that are much cheaper, which can help you save money.
There’s a 30-day period after ordering when you can return this formula for a refund.
Products that perform double-duty, such as working to protect against UV rays in the form of a tinted moisturizer are always a good idea. Not only do they have multiple benefits but are more convenient to use than having to apply several products. It is still important for the consumer to check exactly what protection any sunscreen-containing cream offers and how often it needs to be applied in order to fully protect the skin from the aging and damaging UV rays.
Below you'll find some of the Best Sunscreen formulations on the market in our opinion: