- Acne Products & Acne Cream
NEUTROGENA OIL-FREE ACNE WASH DAILY SCRUB REVIEW
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
OIL-FREE ACNE WASH DAILY SCRUB DESCRIPTION
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub is marketed as a cleanser that uses Neutrogena’s own MicroClear technology to scrub away and dissolve pore-clogging impurities to stop potential breakouts in their tracks.
We’ll be covering all the details, positives, and negatives so you can have the facts when it comes to this product. This article works in a way so you will be able to see multiple points of view before you decide to buy.
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub uses a combination of proven acne-fighting ingredients, like salicylic acid, and small microbeads to exfoliate away impurities and prevent future breakouts from forming.
With continued use, you’ll notice an improvement in the overall texture of your skin and an improvement in the evenness of your complexion.
For best results, apply Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub to your wet face. Gently massage the product into your skin in small, circular motions, avoiding the delicate eye area. Rinse the product thoroughly and follow up with your preferred moisturizer.We recommend to have a patch test before applying on skin as it may cause redness on skin.
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub retails for $7.49 per 4.2 oz. of product on several well known skincare and drugstore retailer websites.
OIL-FREE ACNE WASH DAILY SCRUB INGREDIENTS
- Salicylic Acid: This ingredient helps to clear up and prevent new breakouts from occurring.
- Sodium Hydroxide: It is used to establish and hold the pH of a product. It’s also used as a cleansing and denaturing agent.However it may leads to redness or burning sensation on skin.
- Mica: It helps to give natural shimmery finish also it is safe to use on almost all skin types with little to no side effects.
- Glycolic Acid: This plant-derived acid is a proven exfoliator that removes dead skin cells while encouraging the production of new, healthy cells. It also helps unclog pores and by stimulating cellular turnover, it is an effective formula for improving the skin’s texture and appearance.
OIL-FREE ACNE WASH DAILY SCRUB pros
- This cleanser is very affordable.
- This formula is used to establish and hold the pH of a product but it may cause burning sensation on skin.
- This product uses proven ingredients to treat acne.
OIL-FREE ACNE WASH DAILY SCRUB cons
- This acne cleanser contains a known irritant in the form of menthol.
- The salicylic acid acne treatment is not exposed to the skin long enough to have much of an effect.
- There are plastic microbeads included in this formula, which are harmful for the environment.
- It contains amount of alcohol which leads to skin dryness.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub claims that it can exfoliate away pore-clogging impurities and infuse the skin with acne fighting ingredients to provide you with clear, even skin. Although this may sound like the perfect acne treatment to add to your skincare routine, there are several issues we’d like to address before you consider purchasing. The salicylic acid included in this formulation is not in contact with the skin long enough to provide much of a benefit when it comes to your existing breakouts. Most of it is washed down the drain before it can sink into the skin.
Additionally, this product uses plastic microbeads, which are harmful to the environment and far too abrasive for your skin. Lastly, this product contains menthol, which is intended to provide you with a pleasant cooling sensation; however, it’s been known to cause adverse reactions like dryness and irritation. We’d recommend continuing your search for an acne treatment that does not use harmful or irritating ingredients.
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub is available on several very well known skincare retailer and drugstore websites. The return policies for these sites are quite reasonable. If, for any reason, you’re not happy with your product simply return it within 30 days for a full refund. Be sure to include proof of purchase. After 30 days you may be able to return the product for store credit, depending on the site you purchased it from.
One of the most important parts of keeping skin free of acne and blemishes is to make sure the skin is well-cleansed and that the pores are clear of dirt and bacteria. Using a specially-formulated product for acne is certainly a good idea as long as it is gentle on the skin and doesn't dry it out or cause unwanted irritation.
Below you'll find some of the Best Acne Treatment formulations on the market in our opinion: