- The Best Face Exfoliators Review
OLAY DEFINITY PORE REDEFINING SCRUB REVIEW
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
OLAY DEFINITY PORE REDEFINING SCRUB DESCRIPTION
A deep cleansing and exfoliating formula, Olay Regenerist Detoxifying Pore Scrub detoxifies the skin as well, which is said to reveal smooth, bright and more youthful skin. It uses a special formulation that boosts surface cell turnover of the skin, to help restore its youthful qualities and reduce the visibility of pores. This is a special amino-peptide cleansing complex that contains derma-smoothers to polish away dullness and regenerate skin.
In this review we’ll start off by going over the general description of the product above, then we’ll move on the positives and negatives we’ve researched on this product. We’ll then cover the remaining details about the brand, how to use the product, and what we personally think when it comes to whether or not you should purchase this product. Let’s get started!
Olay was previously called Oil of Olay, which is an American skin care brand under the Procter & Gamble company. It is now a multi-billion dollar a year brand that’s well-known all over the world. Olay products are pretty much available anywhere and they are usually affordable. The brand has a cult-like following and it has a good reputation in the skin care industry.
To use Olay Regenerist Detoxifying Pore Scrub, wet your face and hands and dispense product. Work it into a thick lather and massage your face with it gently, then make sure it doesn’t contact your eyes directly to avoid irritating them. Then, rinse thoroughly with water, pat your skin dry with a clean towel and apply a moisturizer.
A two-pack (6.5 oz. each) of this scrub is being sold online for $18.25.
OLAY DEFINITY PORE REDEFINING SCRUB INGREDIENTS
- Salicylic Acid: This is for exfoliating the skin; it has been shown to help control oil production and gently remove dirt and other irritants from the skin’s surface. However, this leads to skin peeling and rashes!
- Glycerin: It helps keep the skin hydrated. May help skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
- Vitamin E: This is a potent antioxidant that protects the skin, and it also offers conditioning benefits that make skin softer and smoother.
- Green Tea Leaf Extract: This is packed with antioxidants and nutrients that benefit skin.
- Vitamin C: A potent antioxidant that boosts collagen synthesis and reduces hyperpigmentation
OLAY DEFINITY PORE REDEFINING SCRUB PROS
- This is an affordable deep cleansing product
- Infused with antioxidants and skin health-boosting nutrients. However this product leads to skin rashes!
Olay Definity Pore Redefining Scrub Disadvantages
- This product is not substantially proven to be effective or safe.
- It can irritate sensitive skin and there are reports that it can even trigger acne.
- Some users say the synthetic smell is overwhelming.
- There are reports that the re-formulated version isn’t as effective.
- Many users say it doesn’t really work.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
All in all, Olay Regenerist Detoxifying Pore Scrub is a good product for thoroughly cleansing and slightly exfoliating skin. However, it contains several chemicals that can irritate sensitive skin. It is affordable and there are many positive reviews on this formula, but there are many better formulations in terms of both effectiveness and safety.
No money back guarantee is offered for this product.
While exfoliating the skin does not have to be done on a daily basis, it should be performed on a regular basis in order to keep the skin free of dead skin cells which contribute to a dull, poorly textured skin surface. With any exfoliator it is important to choose one suitable for your skin type, particularly if skin is sensitive or prone to breakouts. An exfoliator that is gentle yet effective, clearing the pores but maintaining moisture is preferable.
Below you'll find some of the best Exfoliating Body Scrub formulations on the market in our opinion: