- moisturizer reviews
PAULA’S CHOICE SKIN PERFECTING 8% AHA LOTION REVIEW
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Paulas choice aha 8 description
An exfoliator and moisturizer, Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Lotion gently removes old, damaged and dead skin cells to reveal softer and smoother skin. It uses a combination of 8% glycolic acid and antioxidant-rich ingredients. This is a hydrating formulation as well, enhancing the skin’s ability to hold in moisture. It can be used twice daily and the formula suits all skin types, according to the product’s web page.
In this review we’ll be covering all the details, positives, and negatives so you can have the facts when it comes to this product. This article works in a way so you will be able to see multiple points of view before you decide to buy.
Paula’s Choice offers a range of skin care and cosmetics, which features active ingredients. The brand was founded by Paula Begoun (known as the “Cosmetics Cop”), an expert in beauty products with several bestselling books under her belt. Formulations from the brand are known to be gentle and free of fragrance since it is one of the top irritants in skin care products. However, most of its merchandise are known for being overpriced.
Apply Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Lotion one to two times a day after cleansing and toning. Use a dime-sized amount for your entire face but make sure to avoid direct contact with your eyes and lips. The formula doesn’t need to be rinsed. For daytime use, follow with broad-spectrum sunscreen of at least SPF 30.
A 3.3 oz. container is being sold online for $29.
Paulas choice aha 8 INGREDIENTS
- Glycolic Acid: This is a remarkable alpha hydroxy acid that penetrates the skin thoroughly for effective exfoliation. It helps with the skin’s renewal and rejuvenation process, revealing new, healthy and younger-looking skin.
- Panthenol: A form of provitamin B5, it thoroughly boosts skin hydration; long-term use has been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects on the skin.
- Glycerin: May help skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
- Dimethicone: It is a skin protectant and conditioner, humectant. Forms a protective barrier on skin for extra protection. Acts as an anti-inflammatory. However, it can also increase skin irritation.
Paulas choice aha 8 PROS
- This formulation includes glycolic acid, a exfoliating ingredient that’s known to offer anti-aging benefits to the skin but, it also can cause burning sensation.
- It contains botanical extracts that provide antioxidant protection.
- The product moisturizes the skin too.
Paulas choice aha 8 CONS
- There is no clinical test that proves its effectiveness and safety.
- Some users say it can irritate sensitive and dry skin.
- There are negative reviews saying it didn’t improve their skin.
- The texture of the product is heavy and sticky.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Lotion is a good exfoliator that also offers moisturizing benefits. However, it is a little weak and many users say it isn’t very effective. Moreover, there are reports that it can cause moderate to severe irritation on certain skin types. It is not highly recommended because there are more effective and safer formulations that are being sold on the market.
Return policy is not mentioned in official website.
Many creams and serums on the market claim to work fast and effectively but fail to deliver results. For this reason it is essential to check the formula ingredients and make sure that they are included in their optimal amounts. While it is expected that creams of this type may be more expensive, the manufacturer should still be able to offer some proof that they have undergone successful testing and work on a full range of aging symptoms from lines and wrinkles to age spots and sun damage.
Below you'll find some of the Top Moisturizers For Dry Face on the market in our opinion: