- moisturizer reviews
Perricone MD Photo Plasma review
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
PERRICONE MD PHOTO PLASMA DESCRIPTION
There are skin care items for just about everything these days. Between cleansers, toners, treatments, moisturizers, and sunscreen, it can feel like you have a thick mask on before you even apply your makeup for the day.
Luckily, Perricone MD appears to have the answer for your anti-aging, moisturising, and skin-protecting needs without the heavy cream feeling. Perricone MD Photo Plasma moisturiser with Broad Spectrum SPF 30 is a lightweight formula that powers a serious punch.
This product claims to effectively protect your skin against damaging UVA/UVB rays and other environmental aggressors like dehydration, pollution, excessive heat, extreme cold, heavy metals, smoke, and chemical irritants. In addition to its non-chemical UVA and UVB mineral sunscreens is a formulation of powerful anti-aging benefits.
This lightweight formula creates a strong, invisible shield between your skin and the natural aggressors that you might come face to face with every day, but that’s not the only benefit. This moisturiser is formulated with Vitamin C Ester and Alpha Lipoic Acid, revealing a brighter, smoother skin surface with each use.
Perricone MD Photo Plasma moisturiser with Broad Spectrum SPF 30 retails for $75.00 at leading retailers per 2.0 oz. of product. This moisturiser is significantly more expensive than other leading brands, however, you are receiving a sizeable amount of product.
Dr. Perricone recommends applying a pearl-sized amount of this moisturizer to the face and neck in the daytime as a final and finishing step to any skincare regimen. As with any face product, it’s a good idea to do a spot test to make sure your skin does not negatively react to the product.
However, though you may find the claims about this product line to be quite spectacular on the company website, you are also likely to come across some negative Perricone Md Photo Plasma online, which suggest that the product doesn’t deliver stellar results.
PERRICONE MD PHOTO PLASMA Ingredients
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – Perricone’s website claims this is one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants, it refines skin’s texture and treats fine lines, wrinkles and enlarged pores.
- Vitamin C Ester – A fat soluble form of Vitamin C, which is ideal therapy for sun-damaged skin as it minimises discoloration and brightens the skin’s appearance. However it causes Redness and warm feeling of the skin, or flushing.
- Titanium Dioxide (4.2%) – This inert earth mineral is used as a thickening sunscreen ingredient and protects the skin from UVA and UVB radiation. It is considered to have no risk of skin sensitivity. Although if overused this product can leads to skin contact which may cause mild irritation.
PERRICONE MD PHOTO PLASMA Pros
- This product delivers essential hydration without weighing down the skin with a feeling of heavy product. However it leads to skin redness!
- This product utilizes ingredients that have been proven to reduce the look of wrinkles and fine lines while delivering a more youthful look by retaining moisture.
PERRICONE MD PHOTO PLASMA Cons
- This product’s application directions indicates that it’s best used one time per day, meaning you’ll need a separate moisturiser for night time use.
- Although this product is touted for its safe non-irritating formula, several customers have indicated they developed an itchy rash from applying this product to their faces.
- Although this moisturiser also acts as a sunscreen, it is not water-resistant.
- Some customer feedback indicates that the smell of the product is too strong and generally unpleasant, although it’s fragrance free.
- The product is significantly more expensive than other products that claim to provide anti-aging benefits with sunscreen protection.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
Perricone MD Photo Plasma claims to provide you with multiple benefits, without the heavy feeling of multiple products on the skin. Although this product promises to protect the skin from environmental aggressors as it moisturizes, there are some issues we’d like to address before you consider purchasing. This product is rather costly for a sunscreen, which may cause people to use less protection than necessary. This product is moisturizing, however, the instructions indicate that this product should only be used during the day, so an additional moisturizer is needed for your nighttime routine. This product is also not water resistant, so the SPF is useless if you sweat or get your face wet for any reason. This simply isn’t a cost effective purchase if you’re on a budget. We’d recommend continuing your search for a moisturizer with SPF that costs a more reasonable amount and is a bit more versatile.
Many creams and serums on the market claim to work fast and effectively but fail to deliver results. For this reason it is essential to check the formula ingredients and make sure that they are included in their optimal amounts. While it is expected that creams of this type may be more expensive, the manufacturer should still be able to offer some proof that they have undergone successful testing and work on a full range of aging symptoms from lines and wrinkles to age spots and sun damage.
Below you'll find some of the Top Moisturizers For Dry Face on the market in our opinion: