- Acne Products & Acne Cream
PROACTIV SKIN SMOOTHING EXFOLIATOR REVIEW
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
PROACTIV SKIN SMOOTHING EXFOLIATOR Description
Proactiv Skin Smoothing Exfoliator is marketed as a creamy, cushiony cleanser, which is formulated with prescription-strength micro-crystal benzoyl peroxide to clear up acne and help prevent new breakouts from forming.
We’ll be covering all the details, positives, and negatives so you can have the facts when it comes to this
product. This article works in a way so you will be able to see multiple points of view before you decide to buy.
Proactiv Skin Smoothing Exfoliator is touted as an exfoliating cleanser, which helps to gently resurface the skin to reveal a smoother, softer complexion. This product is meant to help prevent breakouts by killing acne-causing bacteria, and helps to sweep away dead skin through gentle exfoliation. Although this product is an exfoliant, it has a creamy, smooth texture.
For best results, apply Proactiv Skin Smoothing Exfoliator as the first step in the Proactiv 3 step system. Apply a small amount to dampened skin and gently massage the product into the skin with your fingertips for about 2 minutes. Rinse the product off thoroughly with warm water. Pat the skin dry and follow up with Proactiv’s Pore Targeting Treatment and Complexion Perfecting Hydrator for optimum results. If you plan on going outside, be sure to use a sunscreen.We recommend to have a patch test before applying on skin as it may cause skin dryness.
Proactiv Skin Smoothing Exfoliator retails for $40.00 per product on several well-known beauty retailer websites.
PROACTIV SKIN SMOOTHING EXFOLIATOR Ingredients
- Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%): This ingredient clears up acne blemishes and helps prevent new breakouts from forming.
- Glycolic acid:This ingredient works together with exfoliating beads to gently resurface the skin to reveal a smoother complexion but it cause skin dryness or scarring.
- Moisture Complex: This ingredient is a combination of humectant and emollient, designed to help the skin retain much-needed moisture and leaves skin feeling supple and hydrated after cleansing.
PROACTIV SKIN SMOOTHING EXFOLIATOR Pros
- This cleanser helps to prevent breakouts as it addresses the look of current pimples.
- This product is non-comedogenic, paraben-free, and sulfate-free.
- This cleanser does not contain irritants that are known to worsen acne but it leads to dryness on kin.
PROACTIV SKIN SMOOTHING EXFOLIATOR Cons
- The granules that make up this cleanser may be too irritating.
- The active ingredient in this cleanser is rinsed away before it can do much good.
- This product is rather expensive for a cleanser.
- No substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
Proactiv Skin Smoothing Exfoliator is a part of the well-known product line by Proactiv. Although Proactiv is now available in stores and has dropped its former gimmicky advertising efforts, there are still several issues with this particular product that we’d like to address. Although benzoyl peroxide is a great way to address existing acne throughout the day, it is better suited as a topical ointment than a face wash. Unfortunately, the active ingredient in this product may not have the time to sink deeply into the skin before it’s rinsed away. We’d suggest continuing your search for an acne-treatment that works to its full advantage.
Proactiv Skin Smoothing Exfoliator is sold on several well-known beauty retailer websites as well as on its official website. It offers 60 days money back guarantee.
One of the most important parts of keeping skin free of acne and blemishes is to make sure the skin is well-cleansed and that the pores are clear of dirt and bacteria. Using a specially-formulated product for acne is certainly a good idea as long as it is gentle on the skin and doesn't dry it out or cause unwanted irritation.
Below you'll find some of the Best Acne Treatment formulations on the market in our opinion: