- The Best Sunscreen Reviews
Pur Lisse Blue Lotus Essential Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 Review
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Purlisse Daily Moisturizer Description
The Purisse Daily Moisturizer is formulated to be gentle enough to be used every day. It contains the right nutrients and substances that can boost the hydration and suppleness of the skin and leave it soft and smooth. But more than its moisturizing properties, the moisturizer is also infused with a few sunscreen additives that can deliver full-spectrum sun protection to the skin and prevent it from burning and aging.
This lightweight and non-whitening formula protect the skin from premature aging that is caused by too much sun exposure. It also promises to nourish and pamper the skin and keep it soft and healthy.
To determine if this is the product for you, please take the time to go through this Pur Lisse Essential Daily Moisturizer Review.
Purlisse was founded by Jennifer Yen. She grew up in a Chinese-American family in Alabama. Being an Asian in the United States, she failed to embrace who she is. She doesn’t feel comfortable with the beauty of her culture, and she tried hard to fit in. But when she embraced her heritage, she soon discovered what her true mission is, and that is to help give women reasons to believe in their unique beauty.
She then decided to establish Purlisse which she claims to be a blend of Asian wisdom and modern philosophy. The company is working with the best chemists all over Korea, America, and France in order to produce and deliver skin care solutions that are results driven.
To get the Blue Lotus Essential Daily Moisturizer Spf 30 Benefits, apply the moisturizer liberally on your face, chest, and neck. You can also apply the product on your shoulders. Use the product 30 minutes before sun exposure. Re-apply after every 2 hours all throughout the day or when needed.
Purlisse Daily Moisturizer Ingredients
Here are some of the key ingredients of the moisturizer:
- 7.5% Octinoxate: This is commonly used in sunscreens as it can protect the skin from the harmful effects of UV rays that cause burning. The only downside of this additive is that it does not protect the skin from the harmful UVA rays—the rays that cause signs of aging.
- 8% Homosalate: This can provide broad-spectrum sun protection (protection from both UVA and UVB rays) to the skin. However, recent studies have shown that this ingredient is an endocrine disruptor which may cause hormonal imbalance when used in the long run.
- Blue Lotus Extract: This is a potent antioxidant that also contains anti-inflammatory properties that can neutralize the free radical damage.
- White Tea Extract: This is an anti-irritant that can help soothe, calm and refresh sensitive skin.
- Soy Proteins: These nourish the skin, keeping it soft and supple for long.
- Algae Extract: This can retain moisture on the skin and can boost the radiance of the skin. However, it has a tendency to block and clog the pores.
Purlisse Daily Moisturizer Pros
- The moisturizer has an SPF of 30.
- It does not leave a white tint after application. However, according to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
- This non-greasy formula is perfect to be worn under makeup.
Purlisse Daily Moisturizer Cons
- The moisturizer contains high amounts of alcohol that can cause skin dryness.
- It also contains potentially sensitizing fragrant chemicals.
- It contains alga extracts that may clog the pores.
- Many people claim that the moisturizer caused breakouts.
Purlisse Daily Moisturizer Price & Quantity
Based on Pur Lisse Daily Moisturizer Reviews, the moisturizer comes as a 1.7 fl oz (50 ml) tube and is sold for a price of USD 45 in the official Purlisse website. You can also purchase it from retailer party sites.
Should You Buy It?
At this day and age, we need sun protection now more than ever, and this product promises to provide us the sun protection that we need. While it is true that this moisturizer contains sunscreen additives that can work against both UVA and UVB rays, those ingredients have been proven to have different side effects like hormonal imbalance, itchiness, burning and swelling of the skin.
In addition to that, many users complain that the use of the moisturizer caused breakouts and this may be due to the fact that it contains algae extract that may clog the pores.
We recommend that you choose a moisturizer that is free from all of these problematic ingredients.
Does It Come With a Guarantee?
Return policy is not mentioned in official website.
Products that perform double-duty, such as working to protect against UV rays in the form of a tinted moisturizer are always a good idea. Not only do they have multiple benefits but are more convenient to use than having to apply several products. It is still important for the consumer to check exactly what protection any sunscreen-containing cream offers and how often it needs to be applied in order to fully protect the skin from the aging and damaging UV rays.
Below you'll find some of the Best Sunscreen formulations on the market in our opinion: