Sebamed Moisturizing Cream Description
A nourishing and hydrating formulation, Sebamed Moisturizing Cream is light so it can be worn under makeup. It claims to be effective enough to keep the skin soft throughout the day. According to the brand’s website, it also guards the delicate facial skin from pollutants. Developed by dermatologists, this is a rich moisturizer that even suits skin types that are sensitive. It is non-greasy and especially formulated to be quickly absorbed by the skin as well.
Sebamed is a brand that has been around for some time but it still doesnt have a good reputation in the skin care industry. The company offers soap-free products that are designed to be tolerated by sensitive skin. According to its website, the brand is recommended by dermatologists in more than 85 countries. However, some users say it can cause moderate to severe irritation on highly sensitive skin.
To useSebamed Moisturizing Cream, apply all over the face and neck after cleansing and drying your skin.
Sebamed Moisturizing Cream Ingredients
A known humectant that draws water into the skin to keep it hydrated.
More commonly called petroleum jelly, this substance traps water in the skin. However, it can also trap impurities that can cause skin problems, which is the reason most skin care companies don’t use this ingredient.
This is a powerful antioxidant that’s commonly known as vitamin E. It has been shown to have many benefits to the skin, offering protective and conditioning properties.
A silicon-based polymer, it offers emollient and occlusive properties that hydrate the skin and support its barrier function. However, burning, stinging, redness, or irritation may occur.
Adding fragrance to any skin care product is a sure way to increase its risk of causing irritation. The fragrance in this formulation is bitter and flowery, which many people do not like.
Pros and Cons of Sebamed Moisturizing Cream
- It is rich and nourishing and designed to provide lasting hydration. However, according to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
- The price of this product is affordable.
- The formulation includes vitamin E and it is hypoallergenic.
- It has a pH that’s the same with the skin (5.5).
- This moisturizer doesn’t come with SPF protection.
- It is not from an established skin care company.
- The formulation includes petroleum jelly, which can cause breakouts on certain skin types.
- Some users say it can cause moderate to severe irritation on highly sensitive skin.
- Many users do not like the fragrance of this formula.
Relatable – Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream
There is no money back guarantee for this product.
There’s nothing about Sebamed Moisturizing Cream that sets it apart from ordinary drugstore moisturizers. As a matter of fact, this formulation contains questionable skin care ingredients, specifically fragrance and petrolatum. These two components are known to cause irritation and trigger acne in people with sensitive and acne-prone skin. In conclusion, this isn’t a recommended product but there are many better moisturizers from established brands.