- skin brightening cream reviews
SK-IISKIN REFINING TREATMENT REVIEW
The content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
SK-IISKIN REFINING TREATMENT DESCRIPTION
SK-II Skin Refining Treatment is marketed as specialized BHA treatment that is intended to address the look of dull skin as it exfoliates away old skin cells and minimizes the appearance of pores.
In this review, we will be going over every detail you’ll need to know before you decide to purchase a new addition to your skincare routine. In this review we’ll start off by going over the general description of the product above, then we’ll move on the positives and negatives we’ve researched on this product. We’ll then cover the remaining details about the brand, how to use the product, and what we personally think when it comes to whether or not you should purchase this product. Let’s get started!
SK-IISKIN REFINING OVERVIEW
In the 1970s, SK-II scientists began a fervent quest to uncover a skincare ingredient that would make beautiful skin a reality. Derived from a strictly controlled natural fermentation process, Pitera™ is some clear liquid rich in vitamins, amino acids, minerals and organic acids.
Anti-aging skincare regimens can be a bit cumbersome. The best products are the ones that work over night while we sleep. SK-II Skin Refining Treatment, enriched with the trademarked ingredient Pitera and BHA, does exactly that.
For best results, apply SK-II Skin Refining Treatment to your fingertips. Gently smooth a small amount of product onto your nose, and work your way outwards. You may also apply this treatment to the neck for further anti-aging benefits. It is best if you apply this product nightly after you have cleansed and toned the skin. This product may cause irritation so it might be prudent to do a small patch test before applying this product to larger patches of skin.
SK-II Skin Refining Treatment retailed for $150.00 per 1.7 oz., however it no longer appears to be available for sale on any reputable or well-known websites.
SK-IISKIN REFINING INGREDIENTS
- Pitera: This ingredient is packed with proteins and amino acids. It is meant to exfoliate and restore the skin’s radiance with continued use.
- BHA: Also known as beta hydroxy acid, this ingredient deeply exfoliates away dead skin cells to reveal more youthful looking skin.
- Butylene Glycol: Just a small portion of the beneficial ingredients to penetrate the skin, with the remainder sitting on the skin surface and doing little good for skin health but can have one of the likeliest side effects from this chemical is the potential for skin irritation.
- Glycerin: May help skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
- Disodium EDTA: enhance the dermal penetration of other ingredients into the skin and makes it useful ingredient for rinse-off products that inherently require water to come into contact with the skin.
SK-IISKIN REFINING PROS
- This treatment brightens dull skin and leaves skin looking more youthful.
- This product is made by a very well-known brand in the beauty industry.
- This lightweight product works while you sleep.
SK-IISKIN REFINING CONS
- This treatment is prohibitively expensive.
- This product has a very basic formula that’s comparable to other cheap options on the market.
- This product is no longer available on reputable websites.
- Due to good amount of reactive ingredients, it might cause redness and irritation on some sensitive area.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
AHA’s and BHA’s are well known in the skincare community for their ability to exfoliate away dead, pore clogging skin cells to reveal a brighter look by morning. Although SK-II Skin Refining Treatment contains such ingredients, there are several issues with this product. First of all, this treatment appears to have been discontinued. It’s rather unsurprising that this skin care treatment didn’t sell well. It’s a rather run of the mill formulation of BHA and other proteins and skin-healthy ingredients that are easily found in drug stores and other skin care retailer websites. Why pay over $100.00 for a treatment when there are identical formulas for less than half the price? We’d recommend continuing your search for an affordable exfoliating product that is sold on a reputable website.
At this time, SK-II Skin Refining Treatment does not appear to be sold on any reputable websites. If you do manage to find this treatment for sale online, we’d strongly recommend getting in contact with the distributor to determine whether or not this comes with any sort of money back guarantee.
While some anti aging products use a long list of ingredients in their formulas, others are more simple instead relying on one or two beneficial ingredients. Many products designed to reduce signs of aging in the facial skin contain at least one or two oils which not only supply much needed nutrients, but also keep the skin soft and supple. If the oil has additional benefits such as anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that is even better and highly recommended.
Below you'll find some of the Skin Lightening Cream formulations on the market in our opinion: