- Eye cream reviews
SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex is marketed as an advanced, anti-wrinkle eye cream, which is meant to improve the look of dark circles, puffiness, fine lines, and wrinkles.
SkinCeuticals, the company behind this eye treatment, has only one mission and that is to develop products that can improve skin health. This company was founded in 1994 by Dr. Sheldon Pinell.
SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex is touted as an anti-aging eye cream, which is meant to reduce the appearance of crow’s feet, wrinkles, dark circles, and puffiness.
This paraben, alcohol, and dry-free formula is intended to immediately enhance the look of radiance around the delicate eye area by restoring moisture to dry, aging skin. However, the cream contains too many silica-based ingredients that may not be healthy for the skin.
For best results, SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex should be used once or twice daily under the eyes and the brow area during your skin care routines. If you intend to use this product in the morning, be sure to follow up with an eye cream and some sort of sunscreen for best results. As with any face cream, it is best to test out a small spot on the skin to see if you experience any sensitivity.
SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex retails for $97.00 per 0.5 oz. on SkinCeuticals’ own website.
- Synergistic Peptides: These ingredients work together to help diminish the appearance of dark circles and under eye bags, while reinforcing the look of youthfulness and firmness.
- Blueberry Extract: This ingredient is naturally derived and acts as both an antioxidant and anti-glycation. This ingredient helps to fortify the skin’s matrix and prevents the appearance of wrinkles.
- Proxylane: This ingredient is designed to help support the skin’s own water restoration and provides nutrients to the skin.
- Triethanolamine: This helps balance the pH levels of the product. This product has the tendency to cause blistering and itching of skin.
- Silica: This is said to boost collagen production which can address wrinkles. Since this is a mineral supplement, there is a chance that adverse reaction may occur.
- This eye product is available on several well-known retailers.
- A well-known company in the skin care industry creates this product.
- Customer reviews on SkinCeuticals’ own website indicate this product performs well.However, some users claim that the product did not have an effect on dark circles.
- This product is prohibitively expensive.
- The beneficial ingredients in this product are rendered ineffective over time due to the packaging.
- This product contains several known irritants.
- This product contains several known irritants.
- Some people find the texture of the cream too oily.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
Yes. SkinCeuticals has created several well-known heavy hitters in the beauty industry in the past; however, there are a few issues we would like to address before you consider purchasing. This product is packaged in a jar, which is extremely problematic for any of the light and oxygen-sensitive ingredients contained in this product. Over time, as the jar is opened more and more, these ingredients will become less effective. This is an unfortunate reality, especially considering the price of this product. This product is also meant to be used as a daytime, anti-aging moisturizer, however, it does not appear to include any UV protection, despite the price. We would recommend continuing your search for a more reasonably priced product.
SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex is available on SkinCeuticals’ own website. They have a very reasonable return policy. You must return any product that you are not 100% happy with within 90 days of purchase for a full refund.
Because the skin around the eyes is so delicate, it really needs to be treated differently from other facial skin. Eye creams generally use ingredients that are gentle and non-irritating and should help reduce puffiness and any darkness under the eyes which makes us look older than we are. At the same time, antiaging eye creams and serums should also contain ingredients that reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles and stubborn crow’s feet that appear over time.
Below you'll find some of the Best Eye Wrinkle Cream formulations on the market in our opinion: