What Is Cerave Renewing Lotion?
It is a specially-formulated moisturizer that claims to work like a charm in renewing dry, rough, and bumpy skin. This formula works by restoring the skin’s protective barrier and increasing its ability to retain moisture. Rich in ceramides and enriched with vitamin D, this lotion is said to be a must-have moisturizer during cold winter months to keep skin hydrated and youthful. Know if this product is worth buying by reading our comprehensive CeraVe Renewing Lotion review below.
According to its official website, CeraVe is the first and only brand to offer a complete line of skin care products that renew, hydrate and moisturize the skin through an exclusive combination of vital ceramides. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
To use CeraVe Renewing Lotion, apply generously to the skin as often as needed, or as directed by a physician. Remember to wear sunscreen or other sun protection when going outdoors to prevent sun sensitivity. Discontinue use if there is a burning or stinging sensation or any form of irritation.
The product price is not mentioned on the official website.
Cerave Renewing Lotion Ingredients
Salicylic Acid Topical:
Making it easier to shed skin cells, salicylic acid topical is typically used to treat common skin warts, corns, and calluses. It opens the pores and exfoliates the skin, which is why it is used in many acne-fighting formulations. The tricky part, though, is knowing the right concentration as high concentrations of salicylic acid can be irritating to the skin, and it can dry or thin the skin.
Waxy substances made of lipids found naturally in the skin. They restore the skin’s barrier and keep it hydrated and plump. Without ceramides, skin can become dry, irritated, and itchy. If ceramide levels are low, it also weakens its barrier.
Draws moisture to the top layer of the skin to keep it hydrated.
Pros and Cons of Cerave Renewing Lotion
- Formulated to leave skin silky soft and smooth. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
- Non-greasy; quickly absorbed by skin.
- Fragrance-free and non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores).
- Some reviews say it works well with sensitive skin.
- Specifically-formulated for extremely dry, rough and bumpy skin.
- There is no clinical study to support what it claims to do.
- No money back guarantee offer.
- Some ingredients may be allergenic. For instance, salicylic acid topical, the active ingredient in this lotion may cause some unwanted effects, such as stinging sensation, skin irritation, hives or itching, redness, dryness and peeling of skin.
- Doesn’t have sufficient information about its manufacturer.
CeraVe provides free samples of their products but its website did not mention about any money-back guarantee.
The Final Word
Although CeraVe Renewing Lotion has a handful of good customer reviews, its potential side effects are quite alarming, particularly when the product is used for a long period of time and if it entered the human bloodstream. It would be better to try other brands that provide the same hydrating and moisturizing benefits, but with safer ingredients. If you could find a skin-renewing lotion that is backed by a clinical trial, then that would be much better. In addition, this product’s manufacturer, CeraVe doesn’t divulge much information about it, so it’s really difficult to assess the company’s credibility.