- cleanser reviews
Chanel Gel Purete Review
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Chanel gel purete description
Labeled as a “rinse-off foaming gel cleanser,” it functions as a gel cleanser and make up remover, specially formulated for combination-to-oily skin. With Tulip Tree extract to de-pollute skin and astringent properties of Meadowstreet Extract, this gel cleanser helps to get rid of excess oil and keeps surface oils well-balanced while its gentle cleansing action is at work. Learn more about what this product can do for your skin and if it really is a good buy by reading this Chanel Gel Purete Review.
Established by Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel in 1909 in Paris, France, the Chanel brand has now become one of the biggest names in the fashion, beauty, fragrance and skin care industry. The company sells its products all around the world with over 300 locations. However, Some breakouts were experienced after using this product by certain customers.
To use Chanel Gel Purete, add a little water to create a foamy lather. Massage into face and neck with finger tips (make sure to apply light pressure). Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Use twice a day (morning and night).
A 150 ml (5 fl oz) bottle of this foaming gel is available on the official website for $45.00
CHANEL GEL PURETE INGREDIENTS
- Tulip Tree Extract: It has wound healing properties, rich in antioxidants and can provide skin protection against the sun’s UV radiation.
- Meadowstreet Extract: A flower extract that contains a high amount of salicylic acid to help soothe skin and reduce inflammation. It also has toning and healing properties that help smooth and re-texturize skin.
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate: A surfactant and emulsifier, which allows cosmetic products to foam. It is a considered “moderate hazard” that has been associated with skin irritation, endocrine disruption, neurotoxicity and cancer.
- Propylene Glycol: A synthetic organic compound used in many skin care products as a solvent and moisturizer. However it may cause burning sensation to sensitive skin.
CHANEL GEL PURETE ADVANTAGES
- Formulated to cleanse skin; it gets everything out of the pores.
- Removes all traces of makeup, based on several reviews.
- Leaves skin soft and adds a matte finish. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
- One pump is enough to lather your entire face.
CHANEL GEL PURETE DISADVANTAGES
- Some reviewers say it dried out their skin.
- Some breakouts were experienced after using this product.
- Can be irritating for sensitive, acne-prone skin.
- Doesn’t work well with combination skin and dry skin.
- Expensive and not worth the price, based on some reviews.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
Intially, this cleanser has a “wow-factor” because it was created by a prestigious brand, smells lovely and has a luxurious look. However, digging deeper into how it yields results with continued use, it seems that this cleanser does not outshine other brands. It makes skin dry, feels tight and many people experienced continuious breakouts. In terms of ingredients, it contains potentially harmful, comedogenic and/or skin-irritating ingredients, including cocamidopropyl betaine, propylene glycol, propylparaben and phenoxyethanol. Overall, it doesn’t offer great value for money. Other foaming gel cleansers can do better for a cheaper price.
Return policy is not mentioned in official website.
While most people use an anti aging cream or serum to help reduce the signs of aging on the skin, it is equally important to use a facial wash that also has anti aging benefits. A wash that not only moisturizes but also gently exfoliates is even better as it is able to effectively rid the skin of old skin cells which contribute to making it look dull and aged. Anyone with sensitive skin should use exfoliating washes with care however as they may be too powerful and irritating for these skin types.
Below you'll find some of the Best Deep Facial Cleansers on the market in our opinion: