- face mask reviews
Clarins SOS Hydra Refreshing Hydration Mask – Dehydrated Skin Review
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Clarins SOS Hydra Mask Description
SOS Hydration Mask With Leaf Of Life Extract by Clarins is a 10-minute cream-gel formula mask and moisturizing fix for dull and thirsty skin. The extract from organic leaf of life is said to deeply hydrate the skin and plump the skin to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. It also contains a hyaluronic acid complex that is said to draw and retain moisture on the skin’s surface. The mask is also claimed to relieve the skin from irritation and restore its natural radiance and glow.
This refreshing mask deeply rehydrates and quenches the skin for a more toned, smooth, soft, and supple complexion. It comes from Clarins SOS line along with two other masks: the SOS Pure Rebalancing Clay Mask and the SOS Comfort Nourishing Balm Mask. These products are said to come to the skin’s rescue by reversing skin dehydration brought about by sudden temperature changes, exposure to the sun, low humidity, indoor heat and air conditioning, and harsh winds.
For more information about this product, check out this Clarins SOS Hydra Mask Review below:
Clarins is a French luxury skincare brand founded by the physician Jacques Courtin in 1954. Courtin started out by developing his own treatment oils, claiming that they firm the skin. The company also operates upon his belief that plants have powerful effects in anti-aging, protection against pollution and damage, and revealing every woman’s natural beauty with the help of science. However, while plant extracts really do have amazing benefits, they can cause irritation and allergic reactions in some people. Clarins also produces moisturizers, toners, eye pencils, makeup, and makeup brushes.
As part of every successful beauty routine, Clarins suggests first gently exfoliating the skin using an SOS Hydra Exfoliator to remove the outermost layer of dead skin cells and reap all the benefits of the mask. Then, apply an ample amount of the mask, being careful to avoid the eye area. Leave the mask on for about ten minutes before gently massaging or removing the remaining product with a cotton pad soaked in Chamomile toning lotion.
For an extra icy and refreshing hydration boost, keep the mask in the refrigerator. Use it during beauty emergencies or as part of your daily routine once to twice per week.
Clarins SOS Hydra Mask Ingredients
The following active ingredients are said to elicit the mask’s benefits:
- Organic Kalanchoe Pinnata (Leaf of Life) Extract: This plant is a remarkable succulent that has adaptations to resist hydric stress and regenerate new plants from its leaves. Its extract is said to enhance the skin’s natural hydration mechanisms and encourage hyaluronic acid production. However, no scientific or clinical studies have yet been published about these claims.
- Hyaluronic Acid: This ingredient is naturally produced by the body and acts to draw and seal moisture into the skin, elicit a plumping effect, help in wound healing, and relieve the skin from burns and ulcers. It is also advertised to have anti-aging effects. However, the chemistry of some people’s skin can cause them to develop problems such as allergic reactions and excessive dryness.
- Citric Acid: This ingredient is an antioxidant and exfoliant that helps protect from free radical damage and remove dead skin cells while also encouraging cell regeneration. However, in rare cases, it can cause allergic reactions, irritation, and rashes.
- Glycerin: While glycerin is a powerful humectant that increases and retains moisture on the skin, it can lead to blisters and dryness when used in its pure form or during dry, hot weather.
Clarins SOS Hydra Mask Pros
- The mask does not contain phthalates, sulfates, or parabens.
- It deeply moisturizes and hydrates dry and thirsty skin.
- It leaves the skin with a healthy, beautiful glow.
Clarins SOS Hydra Mask Cons
- This mask can cause burning, redness, and sensitivity of the face.
- It might be too harsh for sensitive skin.
- The instructions are very limited and unclear.
- When used according to the directions, it can leave residues on the skin.
- It only provides minimal improvements for its hefty price tag.
Clarins SOS Hydra Mask Price & Quantity
You can purchase a 2.3 oz tube of the Clarins Hydra Refreshing Hydration mask from the official product website for $34.00 each.
Should You Buy It?
SOS Hydration Intense Moisture Fresh Mask is an appealing product that promises to hydrate, soothe, and rescue your dry, thirsty skin from dehydration and stress caused by the environment. It also claims to fight skin aging signs through the use of powerful plant-based ingredients like the organic leaf of life extract and hyaluronic acid. However, further review of the ingredients suggests that while they do provide skincare benefits, they can also lead to problems like irritation or allergic reactions especially when used on sensitive skin. They also contain potentially irritating although mild and pleasant fragrances.
Does It Come With a Guarantee?
If you are unsatisfied or you decide to return your purchase, you can do so by providing a proof of purchase and returning the product in its original packaging and unused, unopened condition for a product exchange or refund. This should be done within 35 days of receipt of your order.