- The Best Lip Plumpers Review
ELIZABETH ARDEN EIGHT HOUR CREAM INTENSIVE LIP REPAIR BALM REVIEW
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
EIGHT HOUR LIP DESCRIPTION
The Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Lip Balm promises to strengthen the moisture barrier of the skin to prevent and address dry and chapped lips. It promises to deliver hydration that may last up to 8 hours. However, this claim is not supported by the user reviews. Lastly, it gives the lips a subtle sheen.
For best results, the manufacturer suggests to apply the balm liberally on lips at bedtime or as needed.
Want to know more about this product? You should continue reading this Elizabeth Arden Lip Balm Review!
As mentioned on its website Elizabeth Arden is considered by many as a legendary beauty innovator, She first started in the industry by opening her first Red Door Salon in Fifth Avenue in 1910. She firmly believes that to be beautiful is the birthright of every woman and that is why she tirelessly developed and formulated products that can help women enhance their finest assets.
The item was launch during the first quarter of 2013. As per the manufacturer’s claims, the balm can give your moisturized and hydrated lips within just 8 hours. However, many users feel that it is not hydrating enough.
EIGHT HOUR LIP INGREDIENTS
The active ingredients in the balm are as follows:
- Menthol Lactate, Defensil, and Menthol: This delivers immediate soothing relief to dry and chapped lips.
- Shea Butter, Petrolatum, Honey Extract and Fatty Acids: These are emollients that can retain moisture on the lips.
- Arnica Flower Oil: This heals lip dryness and can create a protective film that can lock in moisture into the skin. Severe irritation to this ingredient may lead to rash, hives and skin irritation.
- Vitamins A and E, Watercress Extract: These vitamins and extract work together in conditioning and smoothening the lips. More than that, it can repair damaged and dry lips. However, the balm contains a synthetic form of vitamin E which can be irritating.
EIGHT HOUR LIP PROS
- The repair balm has an SPF of 15.
- The company claims that it can deliver 8-hour hydration. However, reviews state that it is not hydrating enough.
- The balm is packaged in a convenient twist off lid.
Eight Hour Lip cons
- Many people feel that the hydrating powers of the balm is not good enough.
- The price is too high for a lip balm.
- It contains fragrance which may be too irritating for the skin, especially the lips.
- The moisture that the balm provides is not as long lasting as it claims.
- Some users did not like the scent of the balm.
Eight Hour Lip Price & Quantity?
The Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Lip Repair Balm comes in a 0.35 fl oz jar and is sold for the price of USD 24 in the official Elizabeth Arden website. You can purchase it from other retailer sites for roughly the same price as well.
Should You Buy It?
There are plenty of lip balms on the market, and this is one of the most expensive ones. If that is the case, is this product worth it? If you have seen the list of ingredients, the balm contains a high amount of emollients that can seal in moisture. However, it contains a mix of irritating and harmful ingredients (paraben and fragrance) that may harm the lip area.
We recommend that you choose a balm that is more affordable and less irritating than this.
Does It Come With a Guarantee?
The purchase of Elizabeth Arden Intensive Lip Repair Balm is protected by the company’s return policy. If you did not like the effects of the balm on your lips, you could return the item to the company within 30 days after the date of purchase for a refund. The product will only be accepted if it is in its original packaging and the official receipt is included with the return.
The trend towards full, plump lips has certainly gained in popularity over the last few years due, in part, to a number of celebrities sporting this look. Rather than opting for sometimes risky and often expensive cosmetic injections, consumers are seeking safer ways of increasing their lip size. While the results from these more natural methods are not usually as impressive or long lasting as injection treatments, they are certainly safer and many of the products also have other benefits for the lips in terms of conditioning and adding color. Many consumers also like the ‘tingling’ sensation these products impart which is due to the circulation-boosting ingredients used in the formulas such as menthol and eucalyptus.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Lip Plumper formulations on the market today, in our opinion.