- sunscreen reviews
EltaMD UV Shield Broad-Spectrum SPF 45 Review
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Elta MD UV Shield Description
The Elta MD UV Shield Broad-Spectrum SPF 45 is marketed as a sheer, oil-free sunscreen for the face. It promises to protect the skin from the harmful effects of UV rays. It can also deliver protection against free radicals that have been associated with Infrared radiation and Ultraviolet rays.
In addition to these benefits, the sunscreen is also formulated to:
- Be worn alone or under makeup.
- Be used in conjunction with a few other types of photosensitizing medications.
- Deliver long-lasting sun protection.
- Decrease the risk of skin cancer.
- Prevent the signs of aging that is caused by the sun.
- Prevent sun damage.
Can this product give you the sun protection that you need? Can it help avoid sun damage and other harmful effects of the sun to the skin? You need to read Elta Md Uv Shield Reviews, and this is one of them.
For over 25 years, Elta MD has been developing and creating skin care products and sunscreens that are widely used by skin care experts and medical practitioners all over the world. All of the products of the company are formulated to restore, protect and maintain the health of the skin.
The commitment of the company is to provide both patients and medical experts innovative products that can help them develop and produce innovative products that can help cultivate and maintain healthy skin for long.
To know more about what the product can do for you, it is best that you read more Elta Md Uv Shield Spf 45 Reviews.
For best results, apply the sunscreen lotion liberally to your neck and face 15 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply the product after every 2 hours. Before using the product on children under 6 months of age, you need to consult a medical expert first.
Elta MD UV Shield Ingredients
Take a look at the Elta Md Uv Shield Spf 45 Ingredients below:
- 9% Zinc Oxide: This is a chemical sunscreen ingredient that can protect the skin from both the UVA and UVB rays. In addition to being a skin protectant, it can also help in facilitating the healing of wounds, rashes, burns and other infections. Lastly, it can prevent the signs of burning and photoaging.
- 7.5% Octinoxate: This is an organic compound that is used in most sunscreens and skin care products because of its amazing ability to protect the skin from the sun.
- Tocopheryl Acetate: This is a synthetic form of vitamin E that can soften and protect the skin. But it may cause skin irritation.
- Citric Acid: This is used as a natural preservative in most skin care ingredients. Aside from being a preservative, it can also brighten the skin, shrink large pores, and correct fine lines as well as dark spots. It can also help unclog the pores when used in large amounts. Lastly, it is also said to be beneficial to acne-prone skin.
Elta MD UV Shield Pros
- The product is recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation.
- It is formulated for oily to acne-prone skin.
- The sunscreen is noncomedogenic and is free of paraben, fragrance, and oil.
Elta MD UV Shield Cons
- The sunscreen contains phenoxyethanol which may cause cell death in the long run.
- It also has Tocopheryl acetate, which is a synthetic form of vitamin E, that may irritate.
- The sunscreen is not waterproof.
- Many users complain that the sunscreen dried out their skin.
Elta MD UV Shield Price & Quantity
The EltaMD UV Shield Broad-Spectrum SPF 45 comes in two forms and sizes. The 3oz tube costs USD 25. On the other hand, the 7 oz airless pump is sold for a price of USD 48. Both forms and sizes are available on retailer sites online.
Should You Buy It?
There are many sunscreens on the market, but this sunscreen claims that it is a cut above the rest because it contains 9% transparent zinc oxide. But just like most sunscreens on the market, it contains irritating substances like Tocopheryl Acetate. It also has Octinocate which is great for protecting the skin from the sun but is also considered to be as an endocrine disruptor which may cause hormonal imbalance after prolonged use.
With this in mind, it would be best if you would choose a sunscreen that is free from all of these unwanted ingredients and additives.
Does It Come With a Guarantee?
There is no information about the company’s return policy on their official website. If you will buy the sunscreen from retailer sites, it would be best if you would ask the retailer about the terms and availability of their return policy.
Products that perform double-duty, such as working to protect against UV rays in the form of a tinted moisturizer are always a good idea. Not only do they have multiple benefits but are more convenient to use than having to apply several products. It is still important for the consumer to check exactly what protection any sunscreen-containing cream offers and how often it needs to be applied in order to fully protect the skin from the aging and damaging UV rays.
Below you'll find some of the Best Sunscreen formulations on the market in our opinion: