- The Best Face Masks Review
Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque Review
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque Description
This Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque review will provide you with the information you need to determine whether this skincare treatment can really detoxify the skin and provide you with a brighter, more even looking complexion. We’ll be covering all the details, positives, and negatives so you can have the facts when it comes to this product. This article works in a way so you will be able to see multiple points of view before you decide to buy.
Dermalogica is a skincare company that manufactures a variety of skincare products, provides skincare consultations, and offers services with affiliated spas. Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque can detoxify your skin using activated charcoal and exfoliate away dirt and other impurities.
For best results, apply an even layer of Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque to your cleansed face and neck. Be sure to avoid the delicate eye area. A tingling sensation upon application is normal but if you have a sensitive skin avoid using it. Allow the mask to set on the skin for up to 5 minutes before massaging the product into the skin with wet hands to activate exfoliation. Rinse the product off and follow up with your preferred moisturizer.
Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque retails for $47.00 per 2.5 fl. oz. of product on several very well known skincare retailer sites.
Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque Ingredients
- Activated Binchotan Charcoal: This ingredient is intended to absorb dirt, oil, and other impurities. However, It can also be drying if applied topically to the skin.
- Sulfur: This ingredient promotes natural skin cell turnover though you may experience some burning, stinging, tingling, itching, redness, dryness, peeling, or irritation while you are using it topical.
- AHAs: These ingredients work together to exfoliate the skin, leaving it looking brighter and feeling softer.
- Tea Tree Leaf Oil: Tea tree oil is as effective as benzoyl peroxide when it comes to fighting acne.
Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque Advantages
- This mask detoxify, brighten, and exfoliate the skin although, no substantial evidence is available to prove it’s effectiveness.
- This product clears out pores, preventing breakouts and excess oil production.
Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque Disadvantages
- This skincare treatment is a bit pricey, particularly for anyone on a budget.
- This mask contains fragrant ingredients, including mint, which may cause irritation for those with sensitive skin.
- Customers claim they experienced a burning sensation upon application and this mask caused their skin to experience adverse reactions.
- According to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
- The combination of active ingredients is weak.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque can exfoliate, brighten, revitalize, and detoxify the skin. Although this sounds like the perfect all-in-one skincare treatment, there are several issues we’d like to address before you consider purchasing this mask for yourself.
The first issue we have with this mask is the price. Although charcoal is proven to help with some common skincare problems, this formula isn’t all that unique. There are plenty of similar products on the market that sell for a fraction of the cost.
Another problem with this product can be found on the ingredient list. This product includes fragrant ingredients, like mint, within its formulation. Fragrant ingredients can cause dryness and irritation, particularly for those with sensitive or acne-prone skin.
It’s unsurprising to see so many negative customer reviews. Customers claim this product burns upon application and leaves the skin feeling red, itchy, and raw. Some customers claim this product worsened their acne issues and did not prevent excess oil production.
Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque is available on several very well known skincare retailer websites. These sites have quite reasonable return policies. If, for any reason, you’re unhappy with the product you’ve chosen, you have 30 days to return it for a full refund. Be sure to include proof of purchase, otherwise you may receive store credit in lieu of a refund.