- The Best Face Exfoliators Review
DERMALOGICA DAILY MICROFOLIANT REVIEW
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
DERMALOGICA DAILY MICROFOLIANT DESCRIPTION
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant is a rice-based enzyme powder which activates on contact with water to smooth the skin, balance uneven skin pigmentation, and accelerate cell renewal.
In this review, we will be going over every detail you’ll need to know before you decide to purchase a new addition to your skincare routine. In this review we’ll start off by going over the general description of the product above, then we’ll move on the positives and negatives we’ve researched on this product. We’ll then cover the remaining details about the brand, how to use the product, and what we personally think when it comes to whether or not you should purchase this product. Let’s get started!
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant is a gentle, daily exfoliator, which activates upon contact with water.This product works thanks to the combination of Rice Bran and Rice Extract, which gently microfoliates the skin’s surface to facilitate penetration of this product’s Skin Brightening Complex.
Papain Enzyme and Salicylic Acid also work together to help dissolve excess surface cells. The Skin Brightening Complex is made up of Licorice and Bearberry to help even skin tone over time.
According to manufacturer says, for best results, dispense about a half a teaspoon of Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant into very wet hands in order to create a creamy paste by rubbing hands together. Next, apply the paste to your face in circular motion, using a light hand around the eye area. After one minute of gently massaging the product into the skin, rinse off thoroughly.We recommend to have a patch test before applying on skin as it may cause rash on applied area.
This targeted treatment retails for $103.00 per 75gm of product on several popular beauty retailer websites.
DERMALOGICA DAILY MICROFOLIANT INGREDIENTS
- Papain Acid : This ingredient is a fruit enzyme, which works as a natural exfoliator.
- Salicylic Acid : This ingredient promotes cell turnover, which may help with scaling or overgrowth of skin cells on the skin.
- Rice Enzymes : This ingredient nourishes and prevents tightness and flakiness of the skin to reveal a natural glow.
- Citric Acid: This ingredient is an antioxidant and exfoliant that helps protect from free radical damage and remove dead skin cells while also encouraging cell regeneration. However in rare cases it can cause allergic reactions like irritation and rashes.
DERMALOGICA DAILY MICROFOLIANT PROS
- This micro-exfoliator is meant to be gentle enough for daily use but it may cause rash or irritation on skin.
- This product is fragrance free.
- Several customer reviews indicate this exfoliant works well for those with sensitive skin.
DERMALOGICA DAILY MICROFOLIANT CONS
- Many customer reviews indicate that the product caused them to break out due to the known irritants included in the ingredient list.
- Several customers do not like the consistency of this product after mixing it with water.
- The loose powder contained in the packaging spills easily and is hard to apply.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
This product is problematic for several reasons. There are known irritants in this formula, including essential oil of grapefruit peel. Additionally, the benefits that would normally come from applying enzyme papain and salicylic acid are rinsed away from the skin before they can do much good. Papain is also known to be rather unstable, and may not do much good by the time you apply the product to your face. Essentially, you will get a very mild exfoliating experience from using this scrub, and the application process can be very messy if you aren’t careful. There are plenty of products on the market for a more competitive price that include AHA and BHA exfoliants and can do a much more thorough job than this formulation.
In order to return a purchase, you must contact customer service. It is unclear if you will receive your money back for a returned order.
While exfoliating the skin does not have to be done on a daily basis, it should be performed on a regular basis in order to keep the skin free of dead skin cells which contribute to a dull, poorly textured skin surface. With any exfoliator it is important to choose one suitable for your skin type, particularly if skin is sensitive or prone to breakouts. An exfoliator that is gentle yet effective, clearing the pores but maintaining moisture is preferable.
Below you'll find some of the best Exfoliating Body Scrub formulations on the market in our opinion: