- The Best Facial Cleanser Review
DERMALOGICA CLEARING SKIN WASH REVIEW
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
DERMALOGICA CLEARING SKIN WASH DESCRIPTION
Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash is marketed as a foaming facial cleanser that treats and prevents breakouts without causing dryness or irritation. This product combines salicylic acid with soothing plant extracts to rid the skin of imperfections.
In this review, we will be going over every detail you’ll need to know before you decide to purchase a new addition to your skincare routine. In this review we’ll start off by going over the general description of the product above, then we’ll move on the positives and negatives we’ve researched on this product. We’ll then cover the remaining details about the brand, how to use the product, and what we personally think when it comes to whether or not you should purchase this product. Let’s get started!
Many acne-clearing treatments come with one similar side effect, dryness and irritation. It may seem like a necessary evil, however, there are cleansers out there that can rid you of acne without stripping your skin of necessary oils.
Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash uses a unique combination of salicylic acid, tea tree, burdock, eucalyptus and more to exfoliate congested pores and eliminate acne-causing bacteria.
With continued use, you’ll notice existing breakouts have lessened, oil production is under control, and future breakouts are a thing of the past.
For best results, apply a pea-sized amount of Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash into wet hands. Work the product into a lather and apply it to your dampened face and neck. Massage the product into the skin in small, circular motions. Be sure to avoid the delicate eye area, as this product may cause irritation. Rinse the face wash away with warm water and follow up with your preferred moisturizer. But the product may cause irritation to sensitive skin.
Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash is available for $38.00 per 8.4 fl oz. of product on several well-known skincare retailer sites.
DERMALOGICA CLEARING SKIN WASH INGREDIENTS
- Salicylic Acid: This well-known acne-fighting ingredient exfoliates away dead skin cells that clog pores.
- Lemon Extract: It is also an astringent and toner although many individuals are sensitive to this component, which can cause instant irritation of the skin.
- Witch Hazel: It is one of the very best remedies for acne. This natural astringent can help control it by reducing inflammation, and decreasing oil and redness.
- Lactic Acid: It is one of the most popular alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) in skin care today, marketed as a powerful ingredient that helps reduce acne breakouts and the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of aging.
DERMALOGICA CLEARING SKIN WASH pros
- Dermalogica is a well-known, trusted skincare brand but, most of the products are overpriced.
- This face wash clears acne without causing dryness.
- This product does not contain artificial fragrances or colors.
DERMALOGICA CLEARING SKIN WASH cons
- This face wash contains fragrant ingredients, which may cause irritation.
- The acne-fighting ingredient in this formula is not left on the skin long enough to have much of an effect.
- This product may cause breakouts and oil production to worsen over time.
- According to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
- The combination of active ingredients is weak.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash claims that it can wash away dead skin and other impurities without stripping the skin of necessary oils. Although this product may sound like the perfect addition to your anti-acne skincare routine, there are several issues we’d like to address. This product contains an alarming amount of fragrant ingredients, which may cause serious irritation, especially for those with sensitive skin. This face wash may actually worsen your breakouts and may cause an uptick in oil production as well. We’d recommend continuing your search for a face wash that does not contain unnecessary irritants, such as menthol.
Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash is available on several very well known skincare retailer websites. The return policies on these sites are quite reasonable. If you are unhappy with the product for any reason, simply return it within 30 days for a full refund.
While most people use an anti aging cream or serum to help reduce the signs of aging on the skin, it is equally important to use a facial wash that also has anti aging benefits. A wash that not only moisturizes but also gently exfoliates is even better as it is able to effectively rid the skin of old skin cells which contribute to making it look dull and aged. Anyone with sensitive skin should use exfoliating washes with care however as they may be too powerful and irritating for these skin types.
Below you'll find some of the Best Deep Facial Cleansers on the market in our opinion: