- The Best Facial Cleanser Review
DERMALOGICA PRECLEANSE review
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
DERMALOGICA PRECLEANSE DESCRIPTION
PreCleanse is marketed as the first step in the double cleansing process by Dermalogica. By using a blend of rich oils, this product delves into the pores to provide a deep clean. In this review we’ll be covering all the details, positives, and negatives so you can have the facts when it comes to this product. This article works in a way so you will be able to see multiple points of view before you decide to buy.
If you haven’t yet heard of double cleansing, you may want to take a note from Dermalogica. The point behind double cleansing is making sure all the dirt, grime, oil, and makeup caked onto the skin throughout the day is completely absent before cleansing the skin again to penetrate the pores with skin-healthy ingredients.
Dermalogica PreCleanse is the first step in the double cleansing process, and uses a blend of rich oils to penetrate the skin and rid it of unwanted debris. But used ingredients may cause irritation.
In addition to the cleansing benefits, this product also contains Vitamin E Oil, which is meant to help improve the skin’s texture with continued use.
For best results, apply Dermalogica PreCleanse over you dry face, without wetting your hands. Focus on congested areas of the skin and gently massage the product in. Wet your hands and continue to massage the product. You’ll notice the product now looks milky and light. Rinse off the product with warm water and follow up with Dermalogica’s cleanser for optimum results.
Dermalogica PreCleanse retails for approximately $45.00 per 5.1 oz. of product on Dermalogica’s own website and several other well-known beauty retailer sites.
DERMALOGICA PRECLEANSE INGREDIENTS
- Olive and Kukui Oils: These oils work together to melt away layers of oil, makeup, and debris that collect on the skin throughout the day.
- Vitamin E Oil: This ingredient conditions the skin.
- Sunflower Seed Oil: Often used as cooking oil and as a cosmetic ingredient, this oil is similar to sunflower oil. It is rich in linoleic acid, which can help improve skin texture. It cleanses pores and helps reduce rashes and acne.
- Grapefruit Extract: Contains vitamins A, C, and E. Contains abundant sources of antioxidants that protect the skin from pollutants, free radicals that damage the skin, promote the skin’s healing responses, and encourages skin cell turnover. May be rendered ineffective by some preservatives.
DERMALOGICA PRECLEANSE pros
- This product is reasonably priced for the amount of product you get.
- This cleanser is intended to help improve the skin’s texture but its not proven.
- This product removes oil and debris that may be present on the skin.
DERMALOGICA PRECLEANSE cons
- This product contains several fragrant ingredients, which may cause irritation.
- A regular face wash should do the job this product performs, and more.
- This oil-based product may not be suitable for those with acne-prone skin.
- According to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
- No substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
If you feel like your facewash simply isn’t doing the trick, it may be time to consider double cleansing. Dermalogica PreCleanse claims to be the perfect first step in your double cleansing routine, however, there are several issues we’d like to address before you consider purchasing. This product is oil-based, which may not be suitable for those with oily, congested skin. This product also contains several fragrant oils, such as lavender, which may be irritating for those with sensitive skin. We’d recommend that you continue your search for a cleanser which does not cause additional skin issues due to its inclusion of irritants.
Dermalogica PreCleanse is available on several well-known skin care retailer websites. Several of them have very reasonable return policies. If you are not happy with this product for any reason, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund, as long as you have proof of purchase. After 30 days, you may return this product for store credit.
While most people use an anti aging cream or serum to help reduce the signs of aging on the skin, it is equally important to use a facial wash that also has anti aging benefits. A wash that not only moisturizes but also gently exfoliates is even better as it is able to effectively rid the skin of old skin cells which contribute to making it look dull and aged. Anyone with sensitive skin should use exfoliating washes with care however as they may be too powerful and irritating for these skin types.
Below you'll find some of the Best Deep Facial Cleansers on the market in our opinion: