- best treatment for acne
SKINCEUTICALS BLEMISH + AGE DEFENSE REVIEW
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Skinceuticals BLEMISH + AGE DEFENSE, US $90 for 30 ml, is product which is made of a lightweight, water-based and oil-free solution designed to deliver anti-aging benefits to skin that is characterized as oily and acne prone.
Skinceuticals BLEMISH + AGE DEFENSE is an age-defying formula specifically intended for use on acne-challenged skin. It helps clear skin of acne as well as aid in fighting the signs of skin aging — all while using a lightweight, oil-free solution to effect an exfoliating action with the help of 5 acids that frees up your skin from breakouts.
For best results, apply product on your skin as part of your morning and evening skincare regimen. Begin with the cleansing and toning part of your routine.
- Dioic Acid (2.0%): Helps regulate oil production
- Caproloyl Salicylic Acid (0.3%): A beta hydroxy acid that works to improve skin health and appearance by smoothening out dry patches of skin using exfoliation
- Salicylic Acid (1.5%): A beta hydroxy acid that exfoliates and helps turnover dead skin cells while regulating skin shedding and controlling oil production
- Glycolic Acid (3.5%) and Citric Acid (0.5%): Alpha hydroxy acids that help lift and eliminate dead skin cells to stimulate collagen production to happen faster and sooner
- This product provides an age defense solution using a formula specifically put together for acne-prone and excessively oily skin.
- The formula is oil-free and will not leave the surface of your skin greasy nor drive it to become oilier than it already is.
- The product helps ease breakouts and even completely rid of it with regular use.
- The formula contains ingredients that have a soothing and calming effect on severely irritated skin.
- The product contains denatured alcohol, one of the most irritating and most damaging ingredients that can come into contact with your skin, most especially if you have acne challenged skin.
- The formula contains highly sensitizing ingredients which may not make it suitable for use on every type of skin even though this product has been designed to treat acne.
- This product can likely damage your skin structure permanently if overused or, used outside of prescribed directions.
- The product may have to worked gradually into your routine to avoid skin irritation and help your skin to address to its formulation.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
Skinceuticals BLEMISH + AGE DEFENSE makes for a good treat for acne challenged skin. For all of its stated objective about stopping acne prone skin from breaking out and defend it from aging, it is unfortunate that this product contains high amounts of denatured alcohol, one of the worst ingredients which can worsen the already challenging state of acne prone skin. For sure, there are products in the market that cost less and that are able to do more.
This product is covered by SkinCeuticals’ 90-day money back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with your purchase for whatever reason.
One of the most important parts of keeping skin free of acne and blemishes is to make sure the skin is well-cleansed and that the pores are clear of dirt and bacteria. Using a specially-formulated product for acne is certainly a good idea as long as it is gentle on the skin and doesn't dry it out or cause unwanted irritation.
Below you'll find some of the Best Acne Treatment formulations on the market in our opinion: