- anti wrinkle night cream reviews
Vichy LiftActiv Night
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
The Fountain of Youth is a fictitious body of water that supposedly rejuvenates and restores the youth of anyone who bathes in it. While the search for this fairy tale continues, there have been plenty of natural ingredients found in the real world that do a great job of combating the most common signs of aging.
Vichy LiftActiv Night features a clinically proven ingredient called rhamnose. This naturally derived plant sugar is tough on the signs of aging, but gentle on the skin. This 24-hour moisturizer leaves the skin feeling enriched while the exfoliating agents produce a softer, more radiant look.
The formula is thick and creamy in texture, but remains non-sticky, non-greasy, and Paraben-free. This moisturizer was tested under dermatological control and is suitable for sensitive skin types.
Vichy LiftActiv Night retails for $50.00 per 1.7 oz. of product in stores and on online retailers’ websites. The price is pretty steep compared to competing anti-aging products.
Apply this moisturizer to cleansed skin in the evening to the face and neck. Smooth the product on gently until it has been thoroughly absorbed. Those with sensitive skin should consider doing a spot test before applying to the entire face.
- Rhamnose (5%) – In vivo testing has indicated that this plant-derived sugar may have long-term benefits by increasing pro-collagen upon application.
- This moisturizer is gentle enough for nightly use and thick enough that it provides long-lasting moisture.
- This product is noncomedogenic and non-greasy, meaning it is lightweight and will not clog pores.
- This moisturizer is made specifically for those with sensitive skin and is Paraben-free.
- This product provides anti-aging benefits and moisturizing benefits all in one.
- This product works overnight to combat the signs of aging by visibly reducing the appearance of wrinkles and boosting skin’s firmness.
- Customer reviews indicate that this product is quickly absorbent, and does a good job at addressing dull skin and fine lines.
- This product is packaged in a jar, which is unhygienic.
- The packaging hinders the effectiveness of the plant-based ingredients and Vitamin C.
- The main active ingredient, rhamnose, was tested in vitro, which means the product was tested in-house, in a laboratory and it is not proven to work on actual people.
- $50.00 is rather steep for a product that does not include ingredients that are well known in the beauty community to combat signs of aging.
- Customer reviews indicate the scent of this product is very strong.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
This gentle, noncomedogenic cream works over night to combat dry skin, however, there are a few issues we’d like to raise before you consider purchasing. This cream contains 5% rhamnose, which is Vichy’s anti-aging solution. Unfortunately, the research Vichy provides is in vitro, meaning the research wasn’t actually performed on anyone’s skin. This one ingredient is not an all-encompassing solution for anti-aging, and it certainly can’t lift the skin over time. This product is also packed in a jar, which may become unhygienic over time and renders any plant-based ingredients ineffective over time. We’d recommend continuing your search for an anti-aging moisturizer, which contains well-researched ingredients in protective packaging.
Using a separate night cream to reduce signs of aging is a good idea as these creams tend to be heavier, richer and more effective. When used as part of a complete anti aging skin care routine, they can work on some of the most stubborn lines and wrinkles and complement the cream or lotion used during the day. However, whatever product is used, consumers should still make sure that it contains beneficial peptides, antioxidants and deeply moisturizing ingredients.
Below you'll find some of the Best Night Cream formulations on the market in our opinion: