5 Best Vitamin C Serums You Should Use For Brighter And Smoother Skin
Are you like millions of other women who want to look younger than your years while maintaining healthy skin and a radiant complexion? Vitamin C serums may be the answer you have been looking for. The best Vitamin C serum will not only keep your skin youthful and glowing but also protect your skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. Photoaging from too much sun exposure can result in prematurely aging skin that will leave your face dry, uneven, and wrinkled. Topical Vitamin C serums are ideal for women of any age and all skin types and can assist in preventing the undesirable effects of the photo-aging process as well preventing the naturally occurring signs of aging. Whether you have oily, dry, or combination skin, Vitamin C serums will help reduce the appearance of fine lines that naturally begin to occur as we age and will help you maintain vibrant, healthy, and youthful skin.
1.What is Vitamin C serum?
Vitamin C serum is one the best anti-aging products available on the skin care market today. With antioxidant properties and various other active ingredients, an anti-aging serum that contains Vitamin C will help prevent premature signs of aging as well as protect your skin from various issues that can occur from sun exposure such as dark spots and deep wrinkles that may develop over the long term. Vitamin C is an essential vitamin for the overall health of your skin especially on the area of your face. However, our bodies do not naturally produce Vitamin C thereby making it necessary to add either an oral Vitamin C supplement or a topical face serum that contains ascorbic acid or Vitamin C. Topical application of Vitamin C has been proven to be much more effective than taking an oral Vitamin C supplement.
2.What does Vitamin C do for your skin?
One of the best natural anti-aging ingredients, Vitamin C provides your body and your skin with many benefits including anti-aging effects as well as protective measures against environmental stressors that can wreak havoc on our skin.
- Collagen Boost: Vitamin C is rich in antioxidants that help boost collagen production which will help fill in fine lines and deep wrinkles that begin to show as a natural sign of aging. The best serums for face anti-aging will include Vitamin C as an active ingredient. Evidence has also shown that Vitamin C in conjunction with the amino acid lysine is a natural component in the production of collagen. As we age and collagen production slows, giving it a boost with a Vitamin C serum will help you keep your skin looking younger longer.
- Skin Strengthener: Due to the antioxidant properties of ascorbic acid, Vitamin C serums also strengthen the skin while defending it from harmful environmental factors such as pollutants and the harmful UV rays of the sun. Keep in mind, however, that while Vitamin C will offer some protection from the sun, it should still be used in combination with sunscreen that contains an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Accelerates Healing: Vitamin C has also long been known to accelerate the body’s natural healing process and this also includes cuts, acne scars, and other blemishes on the skin. Just as you would take a Vitamin C supplement for a cold, applying Vitamin C serums to scarred or damaged skin, such as sunburn peeling or minor scrapes, will speed up the body’s ability to heal the affected area.
- Reduces Skin Discoloration: If you suffer from skin redness, dark spots, or other discolorations of the skin including dark under eye circles, Vitamin C serums will help smooth your skin tones and create a more uniform appearance.
- Anti-inflammatory: In high concentration, Vitamin C serums have anti-inflammatory properties that will help reduce under eye puffiness as well as other inflammation of the skin that contributes to wrinkles and fine lines.
3.How does Vitamin C fight against skin aging due to sun exposure?
People often ask if the sun can actually age your skin quicker. The answer is absolutely yes. Photoaging is the premature aging of skin due to repeated and extended exposure to harmful ultraviolet radiation from the sun or artificial UV sources such as sunlamps or tanning booths. Photoaging is different from chronological aging, which occurs as our bodies slow down the production of collagen and elastin with age generally beginning as we reach our 30’s. Photoaging causes a permanent change in our skin cells. Overexposure to UV radiation begins to alter the normal structure of our skin cells at the DNA level resulting in premature wrinkles and other early signs of aging.The antioxidant properties infused in Vitamin C serums help strengthen the skin and protect it from UV sun rays. But it must be used in combination with sunscreen to be effective in preventing sun damage. In the event that you do suffer from sunburn, Vitamin C will also help to speed up the healing process if applied directly to the affected area. It will also relieve itching and soothe burning caused by sunburn.
4.What’s the best way to use Vitamin C serum?
Vitamin C serums are best used in high concentration in order to reap the most benefits from the antioxidant powers and healing properties present in ascorbic acid. Vitamin C is also most effective if applied topically rather than administered orally. According to New York dermatologist, Dennis Gross, M.D., Vitamin C “is so much stronger when applied directly. You would have to take so many milliliters of Vitamin C orally to actually reach your skin that you would get sick. Topical application of Vitamin C is so much more powerful in terms of what it’s going to do for your skin.” Therefore, the best anti-aging serums will contain high concentrations of Vitamin C in their formulas.
5.Are there any side effects to using Vitamin C products?
Because Vitamin C is a completely natural ingredient containing no harsh chemical properties, there is no cause for concern about possible skin reactions. It is safe to use and effective for all skin types including very sensitive skin. Vitamin C serums are generally formulated to be gentle enough for everyday use and contain no other questionable ingredients.
6.Which are the best vitamin C serums according to dermatologists?
Because there are so many different skin care products and Vitamin C serums on the market today, it can be overwhelming trying to decide which one is best for your specific skin care needs. People often ask which ingredients do dermatologists recommend in a skin care product that will provide anti-aging as well as skin protecting qualities? Dermatologists and other skin care professionals will agree that the best anti-aging serums will contain the following natural active ingredients:
- Ferulic acid: This antioxidant derived organically from plants fights free radicals that damage skin cells at the DNA level which contribute to premature aging.
- Vitamin C: Ascorbic acid is also a powerful antioxidant that promotes collagen production in conjunction with necessary amino acids. Collagen is necessary for the structural support of our skin and aids in the prevention of fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin C in high concentrations will also provide a lightening effect that will even out any skin discolorations.
- Vitamin E: In combination with the valuable properties of Vitamin C, Vitamin E optimizes the antioxidant effects and also makes for smoother application of the Vitamin C serum. Vitamin E also offers protection to the skin inhibiting the occurrence of scarring or dark spots that result from the aging process. It also provides deep moisturization to the skin leaving it hydrated and completely refreshed after application.
- Vitamin B3: Vitamin B3 helps to even out the distribution of melanin in the skin making age spots and other dark areas on the skin less noticeable by inhibiting the transfer of melanin to the skin’s surface. By reducing any skin discolorations, Vitamin B3 will leave you with a smoother and more even toned complexion.
- Vitamin B5: This vitamin increases the skin’s natural healing powers by restoring moisture to the skin and supporting the collagen boosting properties of Vitamin C.
- Hyaluronic acid: While hyaluronic acid is naturally produced by our bodies, its production slows down with age just as the production of collagen slows. It is responsible for conditioning and hydrating the skin and when levels become depleted, the skin becomes dry and more prone to fine lines and wrinkles. By supplementing your skin with additional hyaluronic acid present in your anti-aging products, it will restore your skin’s firm texture and supple appearance creating a more youthful and radiant face.
If you have been considering adding a new anti-aging product to your skin care regimen, Vitamin C serums are currently one of the best skin care products to keep mature aging skin looking youthful and to help youthful skin remain radiant and healthy.