- vitamin c serum reviews
OBAGI PROFESSIONAL-C SERUM REVIEW
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
OBAGI vitamin C SERUM DESCRIPTION
Obagi Professional-C Serum, is formulated to deliver to your skin, a significant boost of Vitamin C which improves your skin’s overall health.
In this review, we will be going over every detail you’ll need to know before you decide to purchase a new addition to your skincare routine. In this review we’ll start off by going over the general description of the product above, then we’ll move on the positives and negatives we’ve researched on this product. We’ll then cover the remaining details about the brand, how to use the product, and what we personally think when it comes to whether or not you should purchase this product. Let’s get started!
Obagi Professional-C Serum is a product intended to flood your skin with the protective and healing properties of Vitamin C in its more stable forms that are more effective for topical use. Vitamin C generally has natural melanin inhibiting properties that help lighten hyper pigmentation. It also serves a major role in providing highly potent antioxidant protection that shields your skin from damage to allow repairs to cope by minimizing new UV and free radical induced damages on your skin. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
This product must be used with either your morning or evening skin care routines or, both, depending on your skin’s tolerance. Since this product can be irritating to your skin, your skin may have to be worked up to it. Begin applying on alternating days then, apply daily then, twice daily. When irritation persists, immediately discontinue product use.
There is no product price mentioned on its official website.
OBAGI vitamin C SERUM INGREDIENTS
- L-Ascorbic Acid: Helps revitalize tired looking skin, re-energize skin cells to power repair and regenerating mechanisms that help set the path to your skin’s rapid recovery, provides antioxidant protection from damage and aging, and renders its natural astringent properties to lighten dark spots and brighten your overall skin complexion but it may leads to skin irritation.
- Ascorbyl Glucoside: Provide, more or less, the same benefits as L-ascorbic acid does as mentioned in the previous bullet.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: This keeps the skin hydrated, plump and soft for long. However, it may also result to redness and itching.
OBAGI vitamin C SERUM PROS
- This product is loaded with Vitamin C in its more stable and topically absorbent forms.
- The Vitamin C in this product’s formulation provides multiple functions that helps heal wounded skin, treat skin compromised by UV, and protect your skin from future damages caused by UV and free radicals but it may cause skin irritation.
- There is hardly any other benefit that can be derived from this formulation.
OBAGI vitamin C SERUM CONS
- This product contains alcohol which instantly dries up your skin on contact with the product, and which, with long term use, can cause your skin’s natural spongelike qualities to absorb and retain moisture to become compromised.
- This product only contains Vitamin C, nothing else, which severely limits the kind of benefits that you can get at such a hefty price tag.
- Any benefit that you can derive from the high Vitamin C load from this product’s formulation is immediately repelled by the severely irritating and damaging fragrance, alcohol and glycol included in the ingredient formula.
- Most other Vitamin C serums will be better formulated than this and available at a just about a fourth of what this product is worth.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
Only if you are willing to be ripped off for your hard earned dollar. Obagi Professional-C Serum offers a severely limiting addition to your skin care regimen. Other than offering a high concentration of Vitamin C, which in itself, can possibly be irritating already, you don’t stand to benefit anything else from purchasing this product.
Obagi does not mention any guarantees but, some Obagi resellers offer money back guarantees and store credits if you are dissatisfied with the results.
While some wear and tear on the skin is natural as it ages, much of the damage is caused by harmful factors such as oxidative stress and free radicals. The use of powerful antioxidants has become particularly popular over the recent years as they not only protect the skin cells but also make them more resilient to future attacks. Using a cream or serum containing ingredients known to have antioxidant properties is vital and when applied on a regular basis will create a more youthful, firmer and overall healthier appearance in the skin.
Below you'll find some of the best Vitamin C Serum formulations on the market in our opinion: