- Eye cream reviews
PERRICONE MD BLUE PLASMA Review
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Perricone blue plasma description
Perricone MD Blue Plasma is marketed as a leave-on serum, which is intended to gently exfoliate the skin without causing redness or irritation. With continued use, you’ll be left with brighter, more youthful looking skin thanks to this product’s Bio-specific Peeling Technology and Micro-Extraction techniques.
You must already know how important regular exfoliation is to achieve beautiful skin but, did you know daily, safe exfoliation is possible? Perricone MD’s Blue Plasma, makes leave-on exfoliation a possibility. This serum is particularly important for the treatment and prevention of blemishes works well for people with acne-prone skin types. However, according to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
What makes it possible to apply Blue Plasma daily is its non-acidic nature, and therefore less irritating reaction with your skin compared to glycolic acid peels. In fact, according to a consumer use study published by the company, 92 per cent of the subjects agreed that Blue Plasma was less irritating compared to chemical peels or exfoliating scrubs that the participants have tried before.
Other findings of the study are as follows:
- In as little as three days, 80 per cent of the participants said that their skin was noticeably brighter and appeared healthier, while 95 per cent achieved skin improvements without the irritation normally associated with chemical peels.
- In just four weeks, 82 per cent said that their skin became more even toned, pores are tighter, and skin surface is smoother.
For best results, apply Perricone MD Blue Plasma to cleansed skin during your nighttime routine. Toning is not necessary with this exfoliating product. Leave the product on overnight and do not rinse. Be sure to follow up with a moisturizer and protective sunscreen the next morning.
Perricone MD Blue Plasma retails for $98.00 per 2 oz. of product on Perricone MD’s own website and several other well-known skin care retailer websites.
Perricone blue plasma INGREDIENTS
- Salmon Egg Enzyme: This ingredient is used as a peeling agent which specifically works only on damaged skin cells to improve your skin’s clarity and radiance without the often irritating skin reaction to glycolic and other alpha hydroxy acid peels.
- L-Carnitine: This ingredient helps lift and turnover skin cells while also deep moisturizing your skin.
- Pterostilbene: This ingredient is a strong antioxidant that is well-known for its anti-inflammatory and skin brightening properties.
- Honokiol & Magnolol: These ingredients work together to protect the skin while its anti-inflammatory properties help correct early signs of skin aging.
- Copper:This ingredient enhance the beneficial effects of antioxidants which eventually lead to faster collagen production and skin renewal.
- Hyaluronic Acid: One of the most popular ingredients in skin care today, it plumps up skin by boosting its moisture content. However if you are allergic to hyaluronic acid, your face and throat areas will become swollen after exposure to this ingredient.
Perricone blue plasma pros
- This product is much less irritating than other DIY chemical peels. However, it can irritate certain skin types.
- This serum works only on damaged patches of the skin.
- This product does not damage healthy skin cells.
- This skincare product works provides the skin with daily protection from free radicals and reduces inflammation.
Perricone blue plasma cons
- This serum contains phenoxyethanol and PEGs which are highly toxic and possibly result in detrimental health effects over time.
- This product contains dye which is highly irritating.
- This serum contains zinc helps heal acne, but using zinc on broken skin may cause burning, stinging, itching, and tingling.
RECOMMENDING TO PURCHASE?
Perricone MD Blue Plasma promises to deliver gentle, daily exfoliation for younger looking skin. Although this may sound like a great product to introduce to your skincare routine, there are several issues we’d like to address before you consider purchasing. This product contains artificial dyes and menthyl lactate. These ingredients may cause dryness and irritation. For a product that claims to provide gentle exfoliation, this product may actually cause too much irritation.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it within 30 days of purchasing.
Because the skin around the eyes is so delicate, it really needs to be treated differently from other facial skin. Eye creams generally use ingredients that are gentle and non-irritating and should help reduce puffiness and any darkness under the eyes which makes us look older than we are. At the same time, antiaging eye creams and serums should also contain ingredients that reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles and stubborn crow’s feet that appear over time.
Below you'll find some of the Best Eye Wrinkle Cream formulations on the market in our opinion: