Makeup For Beginners: 11 Best Tips For Makeup Beginners To Look Fab
Not many people know this but putting on makeup is an art in itself. There are lots of things to learn—the proper application, the right color combination and many more! Because of this, make up for beginners can be so daunting!
If you are just starting out on your makeup journey, there are lots of things that you need to know! Don’t worry though. We have everything you need to know on how to use makeup for beginners below:
I. The Must-Haves For A Beginner’s Makeup Kit
First things first, we need to build your makeup kit! Knowing what should be inside that kit is one of the makeup basics for beginners that you need to know. With that in mind, here are some beauty products that you need in your kit:
Primer And Moisturizer
These products will lay the groundwork for your entire look. Both of these can help you achieve a flawless makeup base that can make your look last for long.
Concealer And Liquid Foundation
With these two, you can be able to hide any blemishes and bumps, making your skin look flawless all throughout the day.
No look will ever be complete without perfectly shaped brows. An eyebrow pomade is recommended for beginners as it is the easiest eyebrow product to apply.
Mascara And Eyeliner
With the right eyeliner and mascara, you can be able to make your lashes long and thick. In fact, there would be no need for falsies when you choose the right products!
Brushes And Makeup Tools
These accessories can make makeup beginners application a whole lot easier.
Add a healthy glow to your cheeks with the right shade of blush so make sure to choose a shade that matches your skin tone.
You can begin with the neutral colors like brown, cream and the likes. But if you want to experiment with color, an eyeshadow palette is highly recommended.
This will add color to your lips and will be the cherry on top of your look!
Face Wipes And Q Tips
As a beginner, you will be making lots of mistakes, and these items can help you erase them!
II. Makeup Application Guide For Beginners
Now, let us get to the most important thing— how to do makeup for beginners? Take a look at these steps:
Step 1. Create The Perfect Base.
Use a cleanser to remove skin impurities then apply a thin layer of moisturizer to hide any patches of dry skin. Afterwards, apply a dab of light foundation or tinted moisturizer in dots to the skin and blend it using your fingers. Dot a bit of concealer under eyes and blend to hide dark circles.
Set everything with translucent powder.
Step 2. Do Your Eyes.
Using a rounded brush, apply the eyeshadow shade of your choice across your lid to your brow bone.
Afterwards, apply eyeliner along the rim of your upper lash line using short strokes. You can use either brown or black eyeliner.
Step 3. Do Your Lashes.
Put the lash curler at the base of your lashes and press it for 5 seconds. After that, apply mascara on both the lower and upper lashes.
Step 4. Add Color To Your Face.
When applying blush, smile so you can determine where your apples are. Apply blush upwards to the temples.
After that, apply lip gloss or lipstick. Pucker your lips and apply the lip product on the center of your lower and upper lip then blend it outwards using your finger.
III. Makeup Tips Every Beginner Needs To Know!
Here are some other tips that make up beginners can use:
1. Use a finishing spray to avoid caking of makeup. This step can also give your face a natural and dewy glow, and it can help your makeup last for long.
2. Use a base shadow on your eyelids. Applying a light and neutral shadow base on your eyelids can make your eye shadows stand out more.
3. Prevent mascara smudges with the use of a plastic spoon. Put a plastic spoon or any card under your eyes when applying mascara to avoid unwanted smudges.
4. Make your lips fuller with the use of a white liner. Apply white eyeliner to the center of your lips then cover it with the lipstick shade of your choice.
5. Blow dry your curler before using it. This will help to curl your lashes faster. You should let it cool down a bit first before using it on your lashes though.
6. Make your eyes pop and look bigger with a white eyeliner. Instead of black and brown liner, apply white liner on your lips for that awake and alert look.
7. Use blotting paper to prevent your face from looking puffy. After you are done with your makeup, blot your T zone to eliminate any excess oil or shine. If you won’t remove it, the shine can reflect the light and can make your face look fuller than it really is.
8. Use a thin brow brush in doing your brows. This brush can help you achieve thin, feathery strokes that look more natural.
9. Use a beauty blender. The beauty blender is that makeup tool that everyone is raving about in social media sites. This weird-looking sponge is the best make up tool that you can use in flawlessly blending your foundation and concealer and prevent that cakey look.
10. When applying foundation, apply it in natural light. The natural light from the sun can allow you to see if your foundation does match your skin tone and if it is already properly blended.
11. Use ice before you put on makeup. This may sound weird but running an ice cube across your face before you put on your make up has plenty of benefits. It can help tighten pores, relieve puffy eyes and reduce redness of the skin.
Makeup for beginners does not have to be so daunting and tedious! With These tips, you can get flawless and perfectly made up face with minimal effort.
“Hope you find the post helpful and we are excited to hear what you think of it!”