- hyaluronic acid serum reviews
CERAVE FACIAL MOISTURIZING AM AND PM LOTION REVIEW
Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
CERAVE FACIAL MOISTURIZING AM AND PM LOTION Description
From Cerave, the company that claims it only formulates its products with the best people who know skin and what it needs — dermatologists — comes two complementary products that give you exactly what your skin needs during the day and at night.
The Cerave Facial Moisturizing AM Lotion, US $14.99, and PM Lotion, US $13.99, are made to perfect your skin 24/7 by providing your skin the special nourishment it needs to heal quickly and enhance its natural beauty at the same time. The AM Lotion functions to protect skin while the PM Lotion’s primary role is to reinvigorate damaged skin to bring it up to its ideal health levels. Both products best suit normal to dry skin types.
The AM Lotion contains sunscreen actives that include micronized zinc oxide, homosalate, octinoxate and octocrylene. Combined, these ingredients provide skin with SPF 30 level or sun blocking action. Unlike most other moisturizers with SPF, this lotion does not leave your skin with unsightly white streaks that don’t work well with your beauty routine, most especially if you wear makeup regularly.
On the other hand, the PM formulation is made to rebuild and restructure the skin’s protective outer barriers while boosting skin moisture overnight. Cerave can be commended for including three of the best ingredients your skin can derive from a moisturizer: hyaluronic acid, ceramides and niacinamide. Both the AM and PM lotion include these ingredients in their respective formulations.
CERAVE FACIAL MOISTURIZING AM AND PM LOTION Ingredients
This product is made with the following key active ingredients:
- Hyaluronic acid: attracts more moisture while improving the spongelike properties typical of healthy skin to keep the skin hydrated over prolonged periods of time
- Ceramides: function to restructure skin’s natural protective barriers to facilitate skin healing, better protection from skin damage caused by environmental factors, and contributes to a better hydrated skin
- Niacinamide: one of the most important antioxidants that can be derived topically, it enhances your skin’s health by improving microcirculation and by soothing skin from inflammation which often lead to visible damage
CERAVE FACIAL MOISTURIZING AM AND PM LOTION Pros
- AM formulation is made with micronized zinc oxide which provides better sun cover
- made with ceramides and sun protection actives that help shield skin from both short-term and long-term damage
- made with hyaluronic acid, one of the most moisturizing ingredients that can be derived from a moisturizer
- contains niacinamide
- mindfully separates the moisturizing functions of an AM and PM moisturizer
- contains sodium lauroyl lactylate, which delivers moisturizing ingredients through the skin and releases round-the-clock skin moisture
CERAVE FACIAL MOISTURIZING AM AND PM LOTION Cons
- product contains parabens, octocrylene and homosalate which can disrupt proper endocrine and hormone functioning
- chemical sunscreen actives included in the AM formula are highly irritating and may not be suitable for problematic and hyper sensitive skin types
Both Cerave Facial Moisturizing AM and PM Lotions are ideally formulated for skin recovery from damage and better maintenance of healthy, well moisturized skin. Some ingredients in the formulations, however, are questioned for safety but, it all depends on how your skin reacts to the formulation as a whole.
When the skin begins to mature, the use of a rich, deeply-penetrating treatment is essential. Many moisturizers contain ingredients that condition and moisturize the skin, but those which actually reach the skin cells deep below the surface are the most effective. Encouraging the production of natural oils is also important as is finding a moisturizing treatment that provides a protective barrier on the skin to keep oils and moisture locked in. Using products with these ingredients ensures the skin has a plumped, smooth and line-free appearance, even as it continues to age.
Below you'll find some of the best Hyaluronic Acid Serum formulations on the market in our opinion: